Booking Onboard?

xbriannao

Hello!

Just curious as to what the perks are to booking your next cruise while onboard and also booking your excursions onboard? Are they specials on either of these making them cheaper or a better deal? And for booking your next cruise, is a deposit due at that time? Are there cruises shown onboard that are not yet available for booking online?

Looking forward to our honeymoon cruise in August and wondering if we should bring more money for a deposit or if we should wait to book excursions?

Lastly, this will be our first cruise. We are going on the Fantasy. If you have any helpful hints, tips, or tricks, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you in advance for your response!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello!

Just curious as to what the perks are to booking your next cruise while onboard and also booking your excursions onboard? Are they specials on either of these making them cheaper or a better deal? And for booking your next cruise, is a deposit due at that time? Are there cruises shown onboard that are not yet available for booking online?

Looking forward to our honeymoon cruise in August and wondering if we should bring more money for a deposit or if we should wait to book excursions?

Lastly, this will be our first cruise. We are going on the Fantasy. If you have any helpful hints, tips, or tricks, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you in advance for your response!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For booking on board you get OBC depending on the # of days.

You get OBC for booking on board. Plus you get 2 Family and Friends vouchers for friends or family if they book the same cruise will also get the OBC. They have to do so within 60 days of the date you booked the cruise. The deposit will be charged to your credit card, not on your Sail and Sign Card. It may be the same card but will not be on your final bill for the cruise. It is a direct charge to your cc.

There are no specials or deals other than the OBC. If you want to book excursions, do so when you get home.

Nope, no special cruises, or anything more than you can find on line at home. I usually figure out exactly what I'd like to book at home, write it all down so it just takes a couple of minutes aboard ship, and go early in the cruise. As the cruise progresses, the line at the "Future Cruise Desk" gets longer, and longer. That $50 OnBoardCredit for the short cruise or $100 for a seven day is a nice bonus, and if somebody else is cruising with you, they can also share in the wealth! Have a GREAT TIME aboard.

"SKY"

I read your questions regarding excursions differently. I thought you were asking about your currently booked cruise. If you are going to book through the cruise line book before you go. Payment is due at time of booking. There is no advantage to booking excursions on board. I have been told by some that Carnival holds some back and by others that they sell all they can. Point being if it something you have your heart set on doing, book before.

With Carnival excursions they will hold the ship for you OR pay to get you to the next destination if the excursions runs late.

If you are a more experienced traveler you may find better deals from vendors outside of the cruise line. BE SURE you read up on their reputations as well as their cancelation policy. We have done this in the past with great success. I am not comfortable, in most ports, to just met some random person and book pier side. Others do without problems.

Have a wonderful cruise and make memories to last a lifetime.