Travel to Miami cruise port

BandM

We're flying into FLL on Saturday and spending the night before our Sunday cruise out of Miami. Can anyone suggest a shuttle service? We'll also need to travel back to FLL after debarkation to catch our flight. Maybe a taxi? Thought about trying Uber for the first time but there's 4 adults traveling, could we find something big enough? Thanks!

We're flying into FLL on Saturday and spending the night before our Sunday cruise out of Miami. Can anyone suggest a shuttle service? We'll also need to travel back to FLL after debarkation to catch our flight. Maybe a taxi? Thought about trying Uber for the first time but there's 4 adults traveling, could we find something big enough? Thanks!

If you are taking a shuttle from FLL to the cruise port, why not just book it for the return trip as well? They all do the reverse trip. Taxi will be pretty expensive compared to the shuttle price.

There are several shuttle services, SAS, and goMJS are mentioned often here. You might also consider taking a shuttle to a Miami hotel after your flight instead of staying in FLL. We then just take a quick taxi to the port on cruise am.

One option many are not aware of is the official airport shuttle. I think the name is GoAirport. Check their website. No advance res needed, but you can if you like. We had advance reservation, and just walked straight to the curb after picking up our luggage. We were on our way in less than 5 minutes. No phone calls back and forth with independent shuttles to ask if you are ready and tell you where to meet them and when. The desk is in the middle of the baggage carousels at FLL. If you have no advance reservation, just pay there and go straight to the curb to load up. We had advance reservations, to Miami hotel precruise, and then a pickup for 7 of us at the port for the trip back to FLL. Easy peasy.

Edited by punkincc

I thought SAS did not pick up in Miami to go back to FLL? I was under the impression that they are FLL outbound only.

Your thoughts are incorrect. They transport in both directions.

Edited by pisenor

I thought SAS did not pick up in Miami to go back to FLL? I was under the impression that they are FLL outbound only.

They can do return trips from the POM back to FLL. However, they cannot service return trips from Miami hotels or service Miami airport.

They can do return trips from the POM back to FLL. However, they cannot service return trips from Miami hotels or service Miami airport.

True, if your trip involves a Miami hotel before or after the cruise, you'll need to check with the shuttle company to see if they will service hotels at all, or your hotel in particular. GoAirport does, and and at least one of the other two mentioned here, QLS or MJS, we have used to Maimi hotels as well.

We always verify the hotel pickup, some will not go to South Beach hotels.

We used SAS to get from our FLL hotel to POM and it was great. After our trip, we used Uber to get from our Miami hotel to FLL and it saved us a lot of money. I would probably use Uber both ways next time. Even using Uber XL, we came out about $30 ahead and we didn't have to share a ride with anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Interesting. I am flying into MIA but out of FLL. (ticket was almost 100$ cheaper that way.). I had planned to walk off with my own luggage and Uber from the port to FLL (which will be 30-40$ by most accounts). My flight is at noon. How early/often do they leave?

If by "they" you mean the shuttles, you can usually tell them what time you want pick up. We have been picked up early and arrived in FLL in time for a 10:30 or so flight. You can beat the $30-$40 uber price with a shared shuttle @ around $15.

Edited by punkincc

We used SAS to get from our FLL hotel to POM and it was great. After our trip, we used Uber to get from our Miami hotel to FLL and it saved us a lot of money. I would probably use Uber both ways next time. Even using Uber XL, we came out about $30 ahead and we didn't have to share a ride with anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

SAS price was $15 per person each way the last time I used them. What does Uber charge ?