Too early to call upsell department?

Lupush

Hi Everyone,

I know this subject has been brought up and discussed to death, but I just wanted to ask those of you that have had recent experiences with NCL's upsell department. I'm about 60 days out on my cruise, is it too early to call the upsell folks? The price has been dropping on the sailing over the past few weeks. Trying to get haven.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I know this subject has been brought up and discussed to death, but I just wanted to ask those of you that have had recent experiences with NCL's upsell department. I'm about 60 days out on my cruise, is it too early to call the upsell folks? The price has been dropping on the sailing over the past few weeks. Trying to get haven.

Thanks.

Too early.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

The only thing you will do is annoy them. Calling prior to 21-28 days will not yield you any results.

I called about 3 weeks before my sailing and she said it was too early. Called back about 16 days out and ended up up selling to an H6. About 4 days later it seems all but the H4 cabins were gone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I got my Upsell from BA to H2 at 5 weeks out. The 2 bedroom were sold out and I got the last H2. I called at 6 weeks, she was very nice and said to call back in a couple of days...

So, I think I depends on that particular sailing and how it is moving. Do mock bookings and keep an eye on the category you want...if I had waited I would have been SOL. As it is, I feel like I hit the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For a slightly different perspective- I got an email from the upsell department 30 days prior to sailing (we leave on Sunday and I got this email in May). Haven started at 500/pp. I called last week and took the upsell, even though the offer hadn't changed (I could tell the inventory was getting less and didn't want to risk losing out).

For a slightly different perspective- I got an email from the upsell department 30 days prior to sailing (we leave on Sunday and I got this email in May). Haven started at 500/pp. I called last week and took the upsell, even though the offer hadn't changed (I could tell the inventory was getting less and didn't want to risk losing out).

You will love it !!!! Enjoy

My wife and I are taking part of our Honeymoon on the Epic in 18 days. We are in a balcony and have debating trying to upgrade.

How does the upsell department work? Do I just call the number since we seem to be in that sweet spot and hear what they have to say?

My wife and I are taking part of our Honeymoon on the Epic in 18 days. We are in a balcony and have debating trying to upgrade.

How does the upsell department work? Do I just call the number since we seem to be in that sweet spot and hear what they have to say?

Yup

But, at this point you want Upsell, not upgrade....it's a big difference

Make sure to join the Roll Call and we will see you on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jewelmick

This may be a silly question but what is the difference between an "upsell" and an "upgrade"? And, what do I say when I call? My sailing is three weeks out. I booked through a TA and currently have a balcony cabin. Thanks.

Not really a silly question. An upgrade is when you pay full price for a cabin category higher than you have now. You get all perks related to that cabin. NCL is currently offering all 4 perks if you pay full price for a Haven cabin.

An upsell is when you pay a reduced price for a category higher than your current cabin. I did an upsell to the Haven a week or so ago but I do not get all 4 Haven perks. I do get to keep what I have which was the beverage and internet packages.

When you call, they will ask you for your reservation number and will tell you what they are offering and what Haven categories are available. When I called they 4 Haven categories available for $750 pp for the first two passengers. Good luck!!

Edited by sctexan

This may be a silly question but what is the difference between an "upsell" and an "upgrade"? And, what do I say when I call? My sailing is three weeks out. I booked through a TA and currently have a balcony cabin. Thanks.

To add...

You can not always get an Upsell...they are based in numbers of cabins/categories available close to sail date. They are only available close to sail dates...sometimes up to 6 weeks out...keep an eye on how full the ship is with mock bookings or cruise fish. There is a special phone number that only deals with upsells. If they are available they are waaaaaaayyyyy cheaper then the full price...I payed less than of the advertised price for my H2. But, again I got lucky and kept an eye on my sailing...and would have been perfectly happy with my aft facing balcony if I failed to get the Upsell.

You can upgrade whenever you want if not sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app