Caribbean Princess, Baja Deck Cabin #750

Jazzie

Has anyone been in cabin B750? I'm told the balcony is "partially obstructed". How bad is it? Would it spoil the view? We were also offered B756 which some posters mentioned had a large air conditioner unit between it and B757....cold draft blowing and noisy....... enough to be a problem?

Departing Dec 31 for a New Year's cruise and we don't want it spoiled as the balcony is a big part of the fun for us.

We were in this cabin on the 10/8 sailing. Wonderful location. Yes, there is an air conditioning duct between 756 & 757 but it was absolutely no problem for us. There is some noise but it is like background white noise. The cool air was a bonus as it made the time we spent on the balcony pleasant - like outside air conditioning. Will book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Hi,

If 756, and 754 (Adjoining) are the same set-up as 757, 755...then definitely yes you can share the balconies (we had 756, 754). There is a door in between the 2, that can be kept propped open or closed for some privacy if needed. It was nice to just "pop" into each others cabin and coordinate stuff, or share coffee in the morning.

Enjoy.

Also, didn't really mind the vent too much. It ended up sounding like "white noise". I wouldn't hesitate in booking this cabin again.

I though b750 is the one with the beam running through it. I could be mistaken though.

What does "beam running through it" mean? I'm very confused as to the configuration of this balcony and how much the sight line is lost. When it was booked, I thought the railing ran the curve of the back of the ship; now, I think it might be straight across and running into a big curve, which will allow only a view on about 1/2 of the balcony.

Hi,

If 756, and 754 (Adjoining) are the same set-up as 757, 755...then definitely yes you can share the balconies (we had 756, 754). There is a door in between the 2, that can be kept propped open or closed for some privacy if needed. It was nice to just "pop" into each others cabin and coordinate stuff, or share coffee in the morning.

Enjoy.

Also, didn't really mind the vent too much. It ended up sounding like "white noise". I wouldn't hesitate in booking this cabin again.

This sounds ominous!! You didn't mind the noise "that much"??? Which means, it must have bothered you at some time until you got used to it???

Dejavucruise,

I do have 3 pics of this cabin. I'll be happy to email them to you if you wish. We felt B757 was a wonderful location & will book again if possible. If I remember correctly, there is a balcony door that can be opened between B757 & B755. Let me know if you want the photos.

We were in B751 on the 10/15/05 sailing of the CP. This is the identical cabin but on the starboard side. The balcony is great. There is a table and two chairs along with two loungers. The beam (a slightly slanted I-beam) does obstruct the view somewhat but doesn't really limit the use of the balcony. The beam was located (for our cabin) at about the middle of the balcony approx. 4 feet from the railing. This allowed the table and chairs to be put next to the railing in front of the beam. The rest of the balcony was open with room for the two loungers and walking space. This was the biggest balcony that we have ever had. Although the view was partially obstructed, we had no problem seeing the ocean lying in bed. I loved the location but my DW was only OK with it. She thought there was too much motion and engine vibration at this location. I guess our next cabin will be more midship.:cool:

Archived