Carnival Vista- Ocean Suite- Anyone stay in one yet?

livvys

Great pictures... Thank you for taking the time to post. I just joined CC and wanted to say we will be staying in an OS September of this year on Vista and I had been itching to see some real pictures and review of the stateroom size and balcony. As a new Carnival cruiser this is so exciting! Happy to also hear you and the others who posted so far have had pleasant experiences and no problems from the promenade deck below! Still a bit perplexed about hearing the suite perks that are in the grands only but hey what do I know! Lol. :)

Welcome to CC! We love our stateroom and I wish we had more time to enjoy it. We had an amazing cruise and definitely my most favorite cruise so far!

I'm sure you will get more information before your cruise.I have read here on CC that the Suite Perks are suppose to rollout fleet-wide in September.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise on the Vista!

Thanks for your reply and additional pics.:)

This round-trip New York, 11-day cruise is very special to us. It is basically a one-time itinerary following the transatlantic and before Vista home-ports in Miami. I booked the Ocean Suite months ago specifically because they were selling out quickly and I wanted a special cruise/stateroom to celebrate DH's retirement and birthday.

Also, the Manhattan port is a relatively easy drive for us - no flying required. Love that.:D

Hoping to read more of your experiences in the Mediterranean and all Vista had to offer.

Oh, I agree! Living in NJ, we love cruising from Manhattan as well. We normally get a car service since it is cheaper than parking at the port.

I just posted a review in the main review page, I will post the link here once it is published.

Oh, I agree! Living in NJ, we love cruising from Manhattan as well. We normally get a car service since it is cheaper than parking at the port.

I just posted a review in the main review page, I will post the link here once it is published.

Excellent - looking forward to reading your review. We will be looking into a van service since parking at the port would be $400 for our 11 days. However, DH likes the convenience of getting off the ship and driving home without waiting for the van and other passengers to show up.

Still a bit perplexed about hearing the suite perks that are in the grands only but hey what do I know! Lol. :)

I agree...perhaps Carnival should have called the 'suites' without the extra perks "mini-suites" or "junior suites"....that is the practice of several other cruise lines, to make it clearer what you are really getting...

Excellent - looking forward to reading your review. We will be looking into a van service since parking at the port would be $400 for our 11 days. However, DH likes the convenience of getting off the ship and driving home without waiting for the van and other passengers to show up.

As I have metioned, here is a short review of our cruise on Carnival Vista.

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Thanks for your review - I enjoyed reading it and waited until DH had a chance to read it, too. Your Mediterranean cruise sounds wonderful and we're happy to read that you enjoyed the Vista while you were on-board. Having your daughter with you must have been very special and something she won't forget.

And thanks for your wishes for us in November. We are so looking forward to it.

We had the exact same cabin after you !

We loved the suite as well and we have a 15 yr old son so did appreciate the extra space as he is 6ft tall! The sofa bed was a little hard but he slept well enough and the pillows and duvet are so soft!

• 2 weeks later...
How much water do they give you. I ordered 24 bottles but if they give free, will cancel. Free laundry Huh? If true, can rethink packing. Thanks

NO free laundry at all unless PLATINUM!

We did get a perk for the Dining though and did not have to queue to get a time slot at the place next to Java - which was a very nice perk!

We were given one bottle large each so three bottles only in the room, there were more but you had to pay

I pre ordered the 12 pack of small bottles and put them in the fridge to cool as well as the wine that we bought on board. There is a shop as you board in either Barcelona or Athens and you are allowed to bring drinks on but ONLY in Europe I am informed that once in USA this will change to the usual rules

"The key card to turn on the lights and outlets is annoying. I would love to charge my electronics while I'm gone, but it requires leaving the key card in. "

You can use an old hotel card, gift card, old credit card etc to place in the card holder and the power stays on.

Is this only a feature in the suites on the Vista, or every room? We are in a spa balcony and I'm wondering if I need to prepare for this.