Soda for purchase not listed on website!!

aca911

I learned something new today! I thought that if you wanted sodas for your fridge etc (aside from the soda packages) you would have to bring them on the ship with you.

long story short...

While on the phone with Princess buying our drink packages yesterday, we learned that you can buy 6-packs of sodas through Princess. It is $10 per 6-pack. Not exactly cheap but I don't mind paying for the convenience.

I do think they should put that on the website so that you can purchase them easily though...as it is now you have to call to be able to order it.

Sometimes you just aren't in the mood to meander all over the ship for something to drink. :p:cool:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind bringing my own but we are boarding in New York and I don't know where in the world I could even buy them.

You have Publix in Boston? Wow! I thought that was a southern thing. We love them here in Alabama.

I do think they should put that on the website so that you can purchase them easily though...as it is now you have to call to be able to order it.

The 6 sodas for the price of 5 is available from the Princess Beverages & Cellars section of their Gifts & Services page:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

Item #2311 $11.50

That's $10 for a 6 pack plus a 15% tip added. Previously it could only be ordered by fax or calling Princess but it's promoted on their website & apparently that has changed:

For booked guests, packages and gifts are now available for pre-payment online, simply login to Cruise Personalizer to complete your purchase. For non-booked guests, gifts are available for purchase by calling 1-855-500-7690 or Download our Order Form (PDF 800KB).

Edited by Astro Flyer

You're definitely right that its on the link that you provided, but when you go into your Cruise Personalizer/Onboard Reservations...you can't select it anywhere. It's not listed as an option.

Everything else is there (Coffee cards, Beer packages, water packages etc.),

just not the Can Drink Packages.

You will have to call to purchase them.

You're definitely right that its on the link that you provided, but when you go into your Cruise Personalizer/Onboard Reservations...you can't select it anywhere. It's not listed as an option.

Thanks...another incorrect statement from Princess & instead requires calling or faxing them. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yeah, I wouldn't mind bringing my own but we are boarding in New York and I don't know where in the world I could even buy them.

You have Publix in Boston? Wow! I thought that was a southern thing. We love them here in Alabama.

We are also going to be boarding in New York this October, we will be coming straight from the airport (LGA) the morning of the cruise. I'm planning on having the car service stop at a RiteAid for me on the way. I will have to pay extra for them to stop, but then I can pick up 2 cases for our 10 day cruise.

Plus I found a RiteAid right next door to the Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop. I hear this is one of the best Donut places in Brooklyn. So I figure send my husband in for the soda and I'll grab some donuts.

I learned something new today! I thought that if you wanted sodas for your fridge etc (aside from the soda packages) you would have to bring them on the ship with you.

long story short...

While on the phone with Princess buying our drink packages yesterday, we learned that you can buy 6-packs of sodas through Princess. It is $10 per 6-pack. Not exactly cheap but I don't mind paying for the convenience.

Sometimes you just aren't in the mood to meander all over the ship for something to drink. :p:cool:

The Canned Soda Package, $11.50 for six cans with gratuity, is included as an option with all other beverage packages on the website. That is a savings of $0.38 per can or about 17%. It is "easy" to find the packages if you have been there before and know where to go. For "newbies," not so easy [emoji848] Edited by IECalCruiser

long story short...

At that price they're hopefully saving people from drinking that junk!

Has anyone tried getting the 6 for 5 canned soda package on board? I'd like to use up some OBC. I called Princess and the rep said that yes, I could purchase that on board, but the information from the telephone reps has not always been accurate. I sail on the Star Princess Sept 3rd Southbound from Whittier to Vancouver. Thanks!

Has anyone tried getting the 6 for 5 canned soda package on board? I'd like to use up some OBC. I called Princess and the rep said that yes, I could purchase that on board, but the information from the telephone reps has not always been accurate. I sail on the Star Princess Sept 3rd Southbound from Whittier to Vancouver. Thanks!

I have seen the 6 for the price of 5 sodas offered on each cruise through room service so you should be able to get them onboard.

My wife prefers Coke Zero so she brings cans or bottles during embarkation & from ports. Only Diet Coke is available onboard & she gets 10 free cans as part of our complimentary elite minibar setup & I get 10 Dos Equis.

The Canned Soda Package, $11.50 for six cans with gratuity, is included as an option with all other beverage packages on the website. That is a savings of $0.38 per can or about 17%. It is "easy" to find the packages if you have been there before and know where to go. For "newbies," not so easy [emoji848]

Unless I'm just not making myself clear...

I "found" it online. My point is when you log in to your Cruise Personalizer/Onboard Reservations...it is not available to select. All the other packages are there, just not the Canned Soda Package. We had to call to get it ordered ahead of time.

Unless I'm just not making myself clear...

I "found" it online. My point is when you log in to your Cruise Personalizer/Onboard Reservations...it is not available to select. All the other packages are there, just not the Canned Soda Package. We had to call to get it ordered ahead of time.

Your previous clarification was already clear to me. ;)

question probably been asked but am I right in thinking we can take on board emerald princess as many cans of diet soda we wish. my mother in law is also diabetic and likes to drink other sodas than coke!! would benefit her to take her own choice on board. we are embarking and disembarking in Southampton.

Edited by Dorkscruising

question probably been asked but am I right in thinking we can take on board emerald princess as many cans of diet soda we wish. my mother in law is also diabetic and likes to drink other sodas than coke!! would benefit her to take her own choice on board. we are embarking and disembarking in Southampton.

You can bring onboard as many cans or bottles of soda that you want during embarkation or from ports of call.