Cococlay

j2casper

CocoCay is a private island in the Bahamas.

It is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been to. It feels "man made" though. It is bright and colorful. I guess Caribbean Festive would be the best way to describe it. There are bars and bathrooms all over. There are tons of beach chairs and hammocks.

To do on CocoCay? Wander around and collect shells, rent snorkel gear, rent beach mats and float in the water all day, play a game of Volley Ball, buy a CocoLocco and get silly, shop in the "straw market", have your hair braided, do an excursion (wave runner, parasail, etc.) or do what I love to do and just do nothing :)

There is a free buffet lunch and the poolside band from the ship sets up and plays. Your seapass is used to purchase soda and adult drinks.

CocoCay is a fun beach day.

Bobbie

DW and I are taking a 3-day to Bahamas on the Majesty Dec. 2nd without the kids and picked RCI over Carnival just for Coco Cay. Sounds like a perfect day to us. I have read there are issues with rough seas and not being able to tender into Coco Cay.

There are always issues about tendering into ports. If the seas are too rough, they can't get you off and on the tender safely. This also holds true for docking in a port. However, since most ports are somewhat sheltered, it's less of an issue. On my nephews 7 day honeymoon cruise, they were only able to get off the ship for half a day. The rest of the time they had sea days.

We were "marooned" on Coco Cay for about 2 hours (from 11 to 1) due to inclement weather. About 30 minutes of the time it was pouring down rain. The other time, they were waiting for the seas to calm down a little bit. We stayed until close to the end of the day since it cleared up beautifully.

There are always issues about tendering into ports. If the seas are too rough, they can't get you off and on the tender safely. This also holds true for docking in a port. However, since most ports are somewhat sheltered, it's less of an issue. On my nephews 7 day honeymoon cruise, they were only able to get off the ship for half a day. The rest of the time they had sea days.

We were "marooned" on Coco Cay for about 2 hours (from 11 to 1) due to inclement weather. About 30 minutes of the time it was pouring down rain. The other time, they were waiting for the seas to calm down a little bit. We stayed until close to the end of the day since it cleared up beautifully.

Archived