Many many pictures of the Norwegian Dawn

Wendy-Europe

Hi,

now I had the time to resize my hundreds of pictures of our cruise and I create an online album (better: a few online albums):

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendy2405

I hope, you enjoy my pics and they are helpful for your decision

Wendy

Our Cruise was from Sep 11 til Sep 18 - itinerary was changed: 2 days at sea, than Nassau/Bahamas, Miami, Port Canaveral, day at sea, back to New York.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your photos and since I've been trying to decide whether or not to cruise the Dawn in Jan/Feb, these pictures really help. I love that you got all the photos of the plated food and other small details like that. Great!

Michelle

Wendy,

You pictures are fantistic. We are leaving on the Dawn Nov 10 (first time with NCL), and your pictures give us a great idea of what to expect, especially since we are on deck 11 in a cabin just like yours.

I have one question you may be able to help me with, since I see you took pictures inside the spa. Is there a fee charged for use of the pool, hot tub, steam room or sauna in the spa? Use of these facilities would be very convenient for us, since we will be just down the hall.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi,

ups... and I thought, I censored the pics...:D

NCL forgot our complimentary bar setup - smile - so we had to take care for ourselves.... but just one bottle of duty free whiskey and one bottle of a special red wine (it was cleared by NCL! I had to pick up my suitcase at the reception and got my bottle!) - and we didn´t...

Wendy

lovely pics. I wish mine were as good. Must get them sorted out.

I bet we are the only two on these boards that have sailed on the Atalante. We went on it from Cyprus to Jerusalem in 2000, about a month before all the latest wave of problems flared up. The mini cruise from Cyprus to Jerusalem dried up then, so it was interesting to see that they started doing Greek Isles etc. then.

It was our mini cruise to see if we liked it. We have cruised every year since. :D

Hi Tony,

thats funny - I was on Cyprus in 2001 and found a brochure of the Atalante. It was a sign from the past for me!

In 1989 when I cruised on the Atalante I met a girl - she was working on the ship as the austrian cruise hostess and we were penpals til today. So I sent here a copy of the Atalante brochures.

When I saw that the Atalante is now out of service, I found it a little bit sad - but I think, it was not worth for the company to update this ship...

Best wishes

Wendy

Hi,

the indoor pool and sauna at Mandara Spa is free of charge at the Norwegian Dawn (on NCL Jewel there is a fee!).

Wendy

Does anyone know if this is also the case on the NCL Star ? I have heard that the indoor pool & sauna were free too on the NCL Star. And that they were not very crowded either.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Tony,

thats funny - I was on Cyprus in 2001 and found a brochure of the Atalante. It was a sign from the past for me!

In 1989 when I cruised on the Atalante I met a girl - she was working on the ship as the austrian cruise hostess and we were penpals til today. So I sent here a copy of the Atalante brochures.

When I saw that the Atalante is now out of service, I found it a little bit sad - but I think, it was not worth for the company to update this ship...

Best wishes

Wendy

I believe that the ship is scrapped now. There is an extensive report on her, spanning seven pages

http://www.maritimematters.com/atalante1.html

Iassume you are in Austria. have been to Vienna twice, love the place. Have you ever considered the Rhine or Danube river cruises, are they any good or would they be too small after ocean cruise ships?

Hi Tony,

unfortunately – I don´t live in Vienna – just visiting – the friend I

made on the cruise lives in Vienna. I live near Munich. Thanks for the

informations about the Atalante!

Friends of mine made a river cruise this year – a very long cruise (21

days) – with the ship Taras Schevtschenko, they enjoyed the trip – but

it is something very different from Ocean-Cruise-Ship!

*Constanza - Schwarzes Meer – Don – Wolga – St. Petersburg, it is

offered by Phoenixreisen – if you are interested, you can look at their

“Russland” section and search for the name of the Ship.*

Best wishes - have a nice day!

Wendy

Archived