Hotels Where Disney Cruise Transportation Picks Up

squeakcat

We are coming into Orlando by train the day before our February cruise on the Magic. I've purchased the Disney Cruise Transportation, and my plan had been to stay at the Marriot airport hotel where Disney picks up passengers. Well, I waited too long and the hotel is booked. I've been on Disney cruises before and remember the buses stopping at a hotel or two that were not on the Disney property or at the airport, but I don't remember what they were. I realize we could just taxi to the airport, but I am trying to keep the stress level to a minimum.

I didn't know they went to other hotels other than their resorts and the hyatt, located at the airport. I have heard of people staying in other hotels off of the airport that offer free transportant to and from the airport, and they just return to the airport the next morning on the free airport shuttle from the hotel.

Good luck, mky:)

You are right, it is the Hyatt, not the Marriott. I last cruised in 2000, so it may have changed, but I remember our bus to the port stopping somewhere near Sea World at what looked like a rather swank hotel and picking up some passengers. I could just kick myself for not making the hotel reservation, but it seemed like I had oodles of time.

Our 1st Disney cruise, we stayed at the LaQuinta, N. Frontage Rd, next to the airport. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. On cruise day, we took the shuttle to the airport, and got on the 1st Disney bus at 10:30. Because we were a cat 3, our family was the 1st to board the Magic, after those that were in wheelchairs/needed assistance. It was incredible!

The 2nd cruise, we rented a car - cheaper but not a good move. We stayed at Port Orleans and decided to rent because the bus doesn't pick up there till around 12 or 1 (I forget). We wanted to be 1st on again, so we rented. The bad part of that was, after my husband dropped us off at the ship terminal, he had to return the car offsite (a couple of miles away), and then he had to take a shuttle back to the port. We waited about an hour or so for him to return. The kids were restless.

Our 3rd cruise is set for 11/19 Western Magic, and we're staying at LaQuinta again and taking the bus - a lot less hassles!

Hope this helps.

Since I can't stay at the Hyatt, I've now been looking at hotels near the Amtrak depot with free airport shuttles. They are more business oriented, and I am not familiar with some of them. Does anyone here have recommendations? We will only stay there one night.

Archived