Cruised before, but first time ALASKA

So- we're big fans of cruising, but this will be our first non- Carib cruise. Hoping for a little insight into the dress code. I know on any cruise the dress code for the MDR is all over the place. But just wondering if people are typically more relaxed on the Alaska routes. We are adding a few days in on both ends and just want to optimize.

Thanks in advance for any nuggets of wisdom!

I would say it's more casual. We didn't bring a jacket for my husband, just two button down shirts and a tie. I wanted to save the room in our luggage for boots and jackets which were more important.

It's a bit more casual. Plan on dressing in layers because you'll need options throughout the day.

I didn't bother lugging boots, but some folks do. And I took two light jackets and a hooded sweatshirt (which I could have left at home) because I ended up getting a reversible RC jacket in the logo shop and I wore it everywhere. My experience with excursions was that if you needed any serious weather gear, they provided it.

Several lightweight long sleeve pullovers, some short sleeve polo shirts, and long pants. Some people experience shorts weather, but that was not part of our trip once we left Vancouver.

And the gloves I thought I packed stayed on my dresser at home the whole time, so I ended up buying new ones in Juneau.

One bonus is that if you take the Northbound cruise, you can buy any forgotten items in the first couple of ports for a relatively reasonable price. The farther north you go, the more expensive things will get because they have to be shipped farther. Those Juneau gloves cost more than twice as much at Glitter Gulch in Denali.