My biggest surprise about vista so far

azmaui

I'm not an experienced cruiser at all, been only on 2 cruises before on other lines. I think vista is beautiful and I'm enjoying the cruise but I am really surprised how much I can feel the ship move. Even staying on deck 9 I feel vibrations and movement. And eating dinner on deck 3 feel ship rocking. It doesn't bother me much, just a surprise as I didn't feel that on my cruises before (unless we had severe weather conditions).

I wonder if it had to do with where you stayed at on the ship in the past?

I've never stayed anywhere but aft and I thought the vibration was much less than any ship I've been on. Only once, I don't remember the port, where they did a 180 in very tight quarters did the ship vibrate a lot. In 2 ports I didn't know when we docked which was surprising.

I do think location plays a fairly substantial role in what you feel.

The higher up on a ship you go, the more motion you feel.

We thought Vista was an amazingly smooth riding ship, even when the seas were not the smoothest. The heading of the ship relative to the seas and wind do play a role. YMMV.

We were on Deck 1 aft on the 5/24 Vista sailing and felt almost no motion throughout. We like being on lower decks for greater stability, less noise, and quick access via stairway to Deck 0 for disembarkment, especially on such a port-intensive cruise.

No "mal de debarquement" (that weird dizzy, rocking feeling you sometimes have after a cruise) after our Vista cruise.