How easy is Barcelona by wheelchair or scooter?

Barcelona is one of the most accessible cities in Europe. It has a lovely long promenade that runs beside the beach. All roads have dropped kerbs.

By basilica I imagine you either mean the cathedral or Sagrada Familia which are both accessible as they have ramps. Almost all shops have ramps or they will supply one if you ask.

The Metro, buses and HOHO buses are also accessible. The one thing you may find which are not disabled friendly are toilets in bars and restaurants as they can often be up or down stairs.

In general it is extremely geared up for people with disabilities. All information regarding museums and places to visit can be found on the tourist board website. Remember that you will get 'carer goes free' concessions too.

Agree with LondonTowner.

We were amazed at how handicap friendly Barcelona is. Most (I don't believe all) Metro stops ... certainly the major ones ... have elevators. On buses, when it stops you push the handicap button on the outside of the bus. Then wait as the door opens and a ramp comes down. Very impressive.

In general it is extremely geared up for people with disabilities. All information regarding museums and places to visit can be found on the tourist board website. Remember that you will get 'carer goes free' concessions too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi LondonTowner

I am indeed travelling with a group in wheelchairs and scooters. I have not found any information on 'the career goes free' Do I just have to ask at all places?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPad using Forums