I gotta call from the Upgrade Fairy!

tm32561

We usually stay in an interior room on the Lido deck or above. We have never stayed in a balcony room. Well, today we are 63 days out from our sail date and the sweetest upgrade fairy called me and offered us a balcony on the lido deck for a cool $232!

I didn't hesitate! My husband has no idea yet and I think I'm going to surprise him! We are celebrating his 61st birthday on the cruise and what a nice surprise!

We are going to Puerto Rico on this 8 day trip!

What a great deal!

Sooooo excited!

Congrats! Question for ya though. When/if they do call....do u have to tell them a yes or no by the end of conversation? Or will they hold for 24hrs so people can weigh the options?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats on the balcony, but you will never be satisfied with an inside abin again :p

The one time we had an upsell call, they wanted an answer right then. I think they are trying to move inventory around i a hurry, so it is doubtful they would let you take much time to decide.

Congrats! Question for ya though. When/if they do call....do u have to tell them a yes or no by the end of conversation? Or will they hold for 24hrs so people can weigh the options?

You have to let them know right then and there because they are on a mission to fill the rooms and move on to the next sailing. I did have her hold it for approx 10 min while I waited to see if the other cabin that was traveling with me wanted to upgrade as well. I had to call her right back though.

They are trying to move cabins. If you say your not sure they will move onto the next name on the list.

I believe you have to decide while on the call. In my mind I was like, if it's more than $200, I'm gonna say no. But when she said 232$ ! Aww man! Oh yeah!

I just hope it's not too noisy in 9280 on the Splendor. This is a mid ship balcony near the elevators. Oh well- it's our first balcony! Woohoo!

I can picture us getting a lunch tray at the lido and taking it to our room for meals on the balcony!

Awesome!!!!!:D:D

You will LOVE the convenience of the Lido balcony room.

So close to EVERYTHING, yet SO quiet......

Enjoy!!!!

We did Lido balconies on the Breeze for 2 years straight and are booking another on the Magic for next summer.

This year we cruised on Oasis and they don't offer cabins on their pool deck. BOO!!!!!:mad: