Documents to include in packets

Mmevans2

I create one folder for the family. We drive to ports, so I put a MapQuest from home to hotel, hotel to port, and port to home. I put a copy of anything bought online like hotel reservation, prepaid parking, anything bought from Bon Voyage like water and Bottomless Bubbles, etc. Then of course boarding pass, itinerary, etc. Sounds like a lot, but I put it in one of those accordion type things that people use for storing coupons for the grocery store.

It's not the kind of webcam you can talk to someone through. Think like a traffic camera, only overlooking the port area.

You might want to consider getting the social media package on the ship to keep in touch via Facebook and the like. I believe it is only $5 a day.

Thanks, I never thought of the social media thing I'm gonna look into it for him. But I also really enjoy the idea of him being able to see where the ship is. Is it like a live time thing?

I'm going to have my wife read this thread. She thinks that I'm overly compulsive and obsessive when we are getting ready to go on a cruise, but some of the replies here make me look like a careless and disorganized rookie. [emoji23]

I just use one clear hard plastic, legal envelope sized, folder that zips closed. In it, I place:

- laminated luggage tags

- passports

- envelope with cash

- copy of cruise boarding passes

- copy of pre cruise hotel reservation

- copy of travel insurance policy

- copy of any other reservations that I've made

Everything fits neatly in this folder, and I can place it in the front pocket of my backpack. [emoji3]

For family travelling with us in August, I've also done up a map of the Lido dining area - and listed what each of the buffet pods are (salad bar, deli, pizza, chopsticks, late riser breakfast buffet, regular buffet, desserts) and where Guys and Blue Iguana are in relation. I've also marked where the aft and midship elevators are, and then what is on the deck if they go past the buffet area either way.

I find it very easy to get lost in that area and depending on which elevator/stairwell you come up on, it's easy to get turned around.

Plus, I don't want anyone saying to me, "I never found the pizza place. Trip ruined because the kids couldn't have pizza." ;)

For family travelling with us in August, I've also done up a map of the Lido dining area - and listed what each of the buffet pods are (salad bar, deli, pizza, chopsticks, late riser breakfast buffet, regular buffet, desserts) and where Guys and Blue Iguana are in relation. I've also marked where the aft and midship elevators are, and then what is on the deck if they go past the buffet area either way.

I find it very easy to get lost in that area and depending on which elevator/stairwell you come up on, it's easy to get turned around.

Plus, I don't want anyone saying to me, "I never found the pizza place. Trip ruined because the kids couldn't have pizza." ;)

Great idea! Now to figure out how to do that for the Imagination.