Port of Miami Parking?

vberg3

I will be sailing on the MOS in November and on the past 3 cruises we have just gone from our hotel (flew in the day before as cheap insurance) and gone to the ship about noon. This time around we are going to be renting a car and spending some extra time in the Keys. Has anyone had any problems with the parking at the port garage? I have been told it costs $12.00 a day. We want to get to Islamorada by noon and figured it is alot faster to walk off the ship and get in our car and go rather than have to go to the rental car place and waste all that time. Do they have a rental car place at the port by chance?

Just returned from a Majesty of the Seas cruise. We live in Florida so we drove our own car. We have cruised out of Miami several times and never had problems parking. There are several terminals in Port of Miami. Our last two cruises have been Royal Carribean cruises and the parking garages were right across the street from the terminals. Not sure about rental car agencies in the vicinity though.

On our first cruise we drove to Key West after we disembarked. We got tags for the first to leave the ship and was off the ship and in a Taxi by 8:30. We then picked up our car rental from Hertz at the airport and was on the road by 9:30. Went very quick.

Last year we drove to Miami and parked at the Port. Had no problems at all. We did park on the ground level a few spaces back from the main road and noticed when we disembarked that there was a parking spot that was at the back road (not the road that faces the ships, but the one behind the building, that had lots of glass in it. Don't know if someones window was broke out or what, the car was no longer there, I just noticed all the glass as I was wheeling my baggage to the car.

Archived