Frequent EPIC cruisers, please help! (cabin questions)

Hi all. I'm trying to do all of the research I can about the best cabins on EPIC. There are some posts on CC, but they are few and far between and aren't always relevant.

We are 5 people:2 adults, 2 teens and 1 child. I'm looking at several cabin combos and trying to find what will work for us.

Because we want to depart from Rome, we have less of a selection of cabins and this is definitely factoring in to the challenges.

We are looking at:

2 mid-ship connecting balconies (decks 13, 14)

1 large balcony room with inside across (deck 13)

1 large balcony room (where we would have to have child in this room with us and teens in inside room across) deck 12

1 mini suite balcony (again would have to have child with us) and 1 inside across

Mid-ship connecting balconies are most expensive, but also there are basically none on 13 and only a couple on 14. I had been considering connecting aft balconies, but because this is a port-intensive itinerary, I just don't think I can take that level of vibration. It was fine on the Getaway, but for the Med, just think it will be too much for me.

We don't spend a huge amount of times in our rooms, but I want to be comfortable, I don't want to have the bulkhead, enclosed type balcony and I don't want the kids to be too far away. Ideally it would just be DH and I in room, but it may not be possible. I don't want anything loud right above us and I don't want to be too close to the elevator (picky much? sorry).

Suggestions, help from the folks that have been there? TIA

Thanks!

Cruised the Epic twice, so those that have sailed more often may have other input.

By large balcony room, are you talking about the B6 rooms? Only the balcony is larger; the room itself is the same size as other balconies. (My parents had a B6 on deck 12, and it was the same size as our B3 on deck 11.)

With 5 people, I would go with two cabins - either the two midship balconies or balcony + inside across.

With the elevators forward and aft, if you have any room midship, you won't be close to them.

We've stayed in balconies on decks 11 and 12 and both were in good locations. Anything up to deck 13 is fine, because you have rooms above and below. Deck 14 is just below the pool and Spice H20.

If you want avoid the enclosed balconies, avoid the ones at the very front of the ship. Search for reviews by sdmike; there are (or at least were) links in his signature about enclosed balconies.

Hope that helps some!

I personally would take the 2 connecting balcony cabins. By doing this, you will avoid the issue of putting one adult in each room for the reservation. Then the adults can have their own cabin, and the kids will have their own but with the connecting cabin, it can easily be just one big room.

I'm wondering if a Haven H4 would be smarter financially...plus you would have the perks of a Haven suite and all of the offers, which may include "free at sea." We are traveling with "free at sea" and only had to pay for the first two of us plus port charges for the other two. In the end, it may be more advantageous to go this route.

I'm wondering if a Haven H4 would be smarter financially...plus you would have the perks of a Haven suite and all of the offers, which may include "free at sea." We are traveling with "free at sea" and only had to pay for the first two of us plus port charges for the other two. In the end, it may be more advantageous to go this route.

Did you sail on a kids sail free promo?

That's what we ended up doing for our family of five. With the kids sail free promo. It ended up being less expensive than two cabins.