Review: Carnival Magic June 4,2016 Eastern Caribbean cruise

Nice review and great pictures! We love this itinerary and are on the Magic in December doing it again! First time on Magic for us so very happy to see the ship in your pictures, did you happen to see or take a picture of where the giant chess board is? My son is a chess fanatic and spends a lot of sea days playing.

I didn't get a picture of that! Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for posting, I really enjoyed your review. I wish your Grand Turk pictures were showing up though, darn it!

So sweet about your girls and how much they loved your waiters :) I love it when we come across crew members like that, and there has been at least one on every cruise we've been on.

Thanks again..wish my count down timer would tick a little faster!

Thank you so much for posting, I really enjoyed your review. I wish your Grand Turk pictures were showing up though, darn it!

So sweet about your girls and how much they loved your waiters :) I love it when we come across crew members like that, and there has been at least one on every cruise we've been on.

Thanks again..wish my count down timer would tick a little faster!

Oh no! They are showing up for me. Sorry you can't see them.

Did you get to go to the New Guy Fieri BBQ?

I never did make it to the new BBQ and I wanted to try it! Some of our group went the last sea day and said the line was super long and didn't want to wait. I've heard it moves quickly though. That's my one regret on our cruise. There's not enough time to do it all!

Thank you so much for posting your review with the pictures!!! We sail the Magic in 3 days!!! Your review and pictures are helping me with the wait!!! Glad you and your family had fun. The hard part is having to leave the ship after being on it for a week. Not looking forward to when ours is over either:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your great review! It has us all so excited!

I see your girls like their smoothies, as do my kids. That mango/strawberry one looked delicious! Was there a package for them or do you buy each one individually? Did you get any drink package for the kids? 3 of my 4 don't like soda at all, so that's prob not a good buy for us.

Thanks again

Thank you for a great review and photos! Will be on the Magic October 22nd with DH, and your review made the wait tolerable. Even though we will be sailing the western route, still found your ship and food photos incredible! Thanks again for such a great tale of your adventure!

Thanks for your great review! It has us all so excited!

I see your girls like their smoothies, as do my kids. That mango/strawberry one looked delicious! Was there a package for them or do you buy each one individually? Did you get any drink package for the kids? 3 of my 4 don't like soda at all, so that's prob not a good buy for us.

Thanks again

They enjoyed the smoothies! We didn't get them a drink package because we didn't think it would be worth it. My girls don't really drink much soda and only wanted the occasional smoothie. They were happy with water, tea, lemonade and the tropical mango juice served at breakfast. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for a great review and photos! Will be on the Magic October 22nd with DH, and your review made the wait tolerable. Even though we will be sailing the western route, still found your ship and food photos incredible! Thanks again for such a great tale of your adventure!

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it. Wish we were cruising the Magic again soon. Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for posting this review with your wonderful pictures. I will be on this same MAGIC cruise in May with 6 of my family members including my 2 little grand daughters who I know will enjoy this cruise as much as your daughters did.....especially the ice cream every day ! Did you notice if there is a children's pool and play area ( for kids who are not in the Carnival program), just with their parents ?

I loved your review. Thanks so much for posting! Your pictures are beautiful! I am especially happy to see pics of the ocean suite. We will be in 7355 next June. I was also wishing the suites were on a higher deck. I didn't like being so close to deck 5, but sounds like it was not an issue for you.

Do you remember how much the Blue Iguana Tervis mug was by any chance?

Thank you so much for posting this review with your wonderful pictures. I will be on this same MAGIC cruise in May with 6 of my family members including my 2 little grand daughters who I know will enjoy this cruise as much as your daughters did.....especially the ice cream every day ! Did you notice if there is a children's pool and play area ( for kids who are not in the Carnival program), just with their parents ?

There's not a kid only pool, but there are 2 water slides and a fun splash areas for kids to use. My girls enjoyed it. There isn't a kid "play" area other than putt putt.

I loved your review. Thanks so much for posting! Your pictures are beautiful! I am especially happy to see pics of the ocean suite. We will be in 7355 next June. I was also wishing the suites were on a higher deck. I didn't like being so close to deck 5, but sounds like it was not an issue for you.

Yes it was never an issue for us. We were in the front of the ship and there was very little foot traffic below us. Our cabin and balcony was always quiet.

Oops, forgot to answer about the tervis tumbler! I don't recall the exact price, but it was $20 something. Maybe $12 for the cup (one time charge) and then $12 for the drink? Don't quote me on that though! I am probably off a little on the price. haha