Cmas Eve Formal Night?

finallyfree

We will be on Carnival Conquest on Cmas eve. My sister says Carnival is more causal than other ships. I want to wear an evening gown on at least one of the formal nights? Has anyone ever done a Cmas Eve formal night? Do people dress up more than usual for this night?

I cannot speak for Christmas Eve, but I have cruised with Carnival in the past and there were many woman wearing gowns for the formal evening.

You will not be out of place when you wear yours.

Have a wonderful time!

~e

I have no idea where your sister got her info, but Carnival definitely has formal nights. Whether everyone dresses formally is another subject altogether. Wear your formal dress and be beautiful, if there are two formal nights, take two formals if you want to. You will not feel the least bit out of place.

I was on a Christmas cruise a few years back and while Christmas Eve was the formal evening, the next night I also wore a very dressy outfit, one that could have passed for formal. Christmas is a time of year where you can dress up as much as you like.

Archived