Norweigan Gem Easy Walk off

rye_guy81

Do all NCL ships offer self assist or I guess they call it easy walk off? and if so is it only available to US citizens or all people sailing? Trying to see what is best doing easy walk off and carrying own luggage or asking for a lower number so we can get off the ship first thing once cleared to get to the airport sooner, This is for our October cruise going round trip out of San Juan, thanks so much

Edited by rye_guy81

Virtually all cruise lines offer self walk off including on the Norwegian Gem. Actually, the cruise lines like it because everyone gets off earlier and gives them more time to turn the ship around. However, it is my understanding that it is the port, and more specifically the customs officials in the port, that determine if the ship can use self walk off. Why this is so I have no idea. However, over the past several years I can't think of any cruise I have taken (and there have been a lot) where self walk off was denied. I do not know if it only applies to US citizens. That is something you should check with the cruise line on.

Cruise Thirsty

46 Cruises & Counting