first time cruisers

vo922

My husband and i are booked on the NOS out of miami oct. 21 2006. :) :p ;) :rolleyes: :cool: . We've booked room 8638 aft Sailing to the eastern caribbean, can anyone tell me anything about the room, nos and anything else that might be important. Also how dressy are the formal nights?

I can't comment on the particular room, but we sailed on the sister ship, Explorer and loved it. We had an inside room on Deck 7 and it was great. We took the stairs, so we were in the middle basically of where we needed to get to.

As far as formal nights, you see various dress styles. Some people go all out, which is fine, while others are a bit more conservative. I tend to wear something that I would wear to a more formal wedding. The other nights, a nice skirt and fun top.

The most important thing to remember is have a good time:)

Enjoy - Jen

I can't comment on the particular room, but we sailed on the sister ship, Explorer and loved it. We had an inside room on Deck 7 and it was great. We took the stairs, so we were in the middle basically of where we needed to get to.

As far as formal nights, you see various dress styles. Some people go all out, which is fine, while others are a bit more conservative. I tend to wear something that I would wear to a more formal wedding. The other nights, a nice skirt and fun top.

The most important thing to remember is have a good time:)

Enjoy - Jen

thanks jen we plan on having a great time.

You will just love the Navigator! I can't comment on your exact room, but I can maybe answer some other questions. First keep reading these boards until you leave. I can't tell you how much valuable information you will receive here. We felt Chops and Portifinos were well worth the extra charge. We sat at the window during sunset at both at it was just beautiful. Make your reservations soon after boarding as they fill up quickly. The same goes for the Spa. As far as dress on formal nights I've seen men in tuxes, but the majority were in a suit and tie. Women wore everything from floor length elegant gowns to dressy sundresses. No shorts are allowed in the dining room even on "non formal" nights. The Love and Marriage show was really fun, but we didn't make it to Quest but I hear it is not to be missed as well. (The above 2 "events" are generally adult only due to a more mature nature). Go see the ice show it is wonderful. Make sure to get your tickets early. If there are any more specific questions that you can think of please let me know.

I can't comment on your specific ship but when I was on the Mariner last week: We had a balcony room on Deck 8...It was beautiful and the Eastern Caribbean is absolutely stunning! Such beautiful ports.

Formal nights were dressy...most women wearing formal dresses and the men wearing suits and ties. Also since you are sailing at the approximate time next year that we did this year I can tell you that the weather is awesome. Very warm but we had nice breezes to keep it from getting too too hot. The average temp seemed to be in the high 80's or so. We got sunburned on St. Thomas while snorkeling (DH didn't think about his back being exposed the whole time he was snorkeling)...be careful.

Guest cruzr44
My husband and i are booked on the NOS out of miami oct. 21 2006. :) :p ;) :rolleyes: :cool: . We've booked room 8638 aft Sailing to the eastern caribbean, can anyone tell me anything about the room, nos and anything else that might be important. Also how dressy are the formal nights?

My sister and I are on this cruise. I had to cancel three cruises this year due to family illness so I will definitely be ready for this one! If you want a great tour of St Thomas check out www.godfreytoursvi.com. I still have to do research for St Maarten, San Juan and Nassau. I started a roll call awhile back if you want to join in. I don't think anyone has responded yet. We picked a promenade cabin to see what they are like. I have always had a balcony so I'm a little nervous about an inside even though it has a window. Formal nights I usually wear an outfit I would wear to a wedding or black pants with a fancy top and my DH wears a suit. Some couples dress to the hilt, tuxes and fancy gowns.

Guest cruzr44
We LOVED our Eastern sailing on NOS! :)

We have pictures, cruise compasses and menus posted on our photo share website at:

www.theloves.smugmug.com

Have a great time! :)

Thanks for the link. The pictures are beautiful and the compasses answered some of my questions. Is Pinel Island on San Juan? I don't know if you paid attention to the promenade cabins, but if you did, where would be a good section to be in and what deck? Thanks

Archived