Oasis elevators

The elevator use on our May Oasis cruise was not that unusual. Rear elevators were crowded at dinner times. Forward elevators did not seem to be as busy.

A caveat - our experience and the experience of everyone we spoke to that used the aft, port-side elevators found them to operate, uh, unusually. With call buttons pressed, fairly empty elevators would sail by. This happened so often that people constantly were walking to the starboard side elevators where there was no such problem. By the end of the cruise, we were avoiding that bank though it was closest to our stateroom.

Similar experiences were posted on this board. I cannot remember what thread, though.

Again, other than that one bank, there was not any cause for concern. Now, if you are cutting it close to get to a trivia game by starting time, you might have to budget a longer walk to an elevator!

:D

Seven months for us and I am constantly researching. I am glad you asked, I hadn't thought of this....yet ;)

:D Looks like I have great company! Since you go first, I am counting on you to help me get through my wait after your cruise!

The elevator use on our May Oasis cruise was not that unusual. Rear elevators were crowded at dinner times. Forward elevators did not seem to be as busy.

A caveat - our experience and the experience of everyone we spoke to that used the aft, port-side elevators found them to operate, uh, unusually. With call buttons pressed, fairly empty elevators would sail by. This happened so often that people constantly were walking to the starboard side elevators where there was no such problem. By the end of the cruise, we were avoiding that bank though it was closest to our stateroom.

Similar experiences were posted on this board. I cannot remember what thread, though.

Again, other than that one bank, there was not any cause for concern. Now, if you are cutting it close to get to a trivia game by starting time, you might have to budget a longer walk to an elevator!

Now this is interesting! This is our first cruise on port side as I purposefully booked starboard to help my directionally challenged daughter. Thanks for giving me the heads up. I guess being aware of the possibility will help if I start notice empty elevators passing us up! :eek::p Thanks for sharing!

Don't Forget after your cruise you can go online to the port everglades sail away replays. I took a pink& orange hat that I waved when we were in front of the Web cam for the port. I'm so glad i did. Not only did I sign up for the"wave" but the waving hat caught the camera's attention. The replay was great to add to my PowerPoint.