Cuban coffee and snacks?????

pbmsmile

I am still waiting to hear from someone who has sailed on the vista in a Havana room about the Cuban coffee and snack items. Are they available all day, cost, what was there??? Anyone?? Kind of a weird thing to be so excited about but I'm not really much of a drinker...but I LOVE ME SOME CUBAN COFFEE!!!!!:D

I never did find any Cuban coffee, but in fairness, I didn't look or ask either. I did find regular coffee.

There are a few items for breakfast. Not sure what they were but I can say I much preferred the regular breakfast buffet in the Ocean Plaza.

They were supposed to have some free items for lunch too, however, given I was off the ship most days during lunch and the few I was aboard I hit up Guy's and Cucina Del Capitano (very good BTW).

For dinner they were supposed to have a few pay$ items but I didn't notice any when I was just meandering in the area. I easily may have missed them as I wasn't looking specifically for any food.

The area they serve the food is really easy to miss. It's a small area on the corner of the bar. It's not really a segregated area so it just blends in.

I was inaugural Vista and spent most of my time in the Havana Bar. The Cuban coffee is made at the bar ~ hit or miss depending on who made it. They use Bustelo. The food ~ there's a menu on the tables and you order from the bar waiter ~ it's not a buffet. The prices were reasonable and the food delicious. Try the pan con bistec ~ it's so good! And that's coming from someone from Miami that can have my pick of good Cuban food!

We ate breakfast there most mornings.

This is our first cruise and we are staying in a Havana cabana.

Just curious as to why you woukd pay for food in Havana bar rather than the free food supplied. I don't mind paying but have read somewhere on here that the Taste Restaurant on deck 5 does good breakfasts and isn't too busy.

Thanks in advance.

Just curious as to why you would pay for food in Havana bar rather than the free food supplied. I don't mind paying but have read somewhere on here that the Taste Restaurant on deck 5 does good breakfasts and isn't too busy.

Thanks in advance.

No fee for breakfast and lunch, that's at least according to the bartender. On our cruise, breakfast was also set up as a buffet (albeit very small).

Also, now I realize that you have to order the cuban coffee from the bartender and I'm sure there's a fee. They do have free coffee available too.

There is a fee for dinner items.

Edited by fuddrules

There was Cuban coffee! (True, it depends on who makes it but it was good nonetheless)

And also... (if you're from Miami, you'll know what I mean here) they had Cuban soda-- Materva & Jupiña!! :D:D:D

I didn't try the food.

Just curious as to why you woukd pay for food in Havana bar rather than the free food supplied. I don't mind paying but have read somewhere on here that the Taste Restaurant on deck 5 does good breakfasts and isn't too busy.

Thanks in advance.

There is no charge for the breakfast food that they put out. It was little known so no line of people waiting and it was much more appealing then the cold scrambled eggs on the buffet.

No fee for breakfast and lunch, that's at least according to the bartender. On our cruise, breakfast was also set up as a buffet (albeit very small).

Also, now I realize that you have to order the cuban coffee from the bartender and I'm sure there's a fee. They do have free coffee available too.

There is a fee for dinner items.

Many thanks, that is great to know. My oh and kids laugh at all my research but it pays off with tips like this.

There is no charge for the breakfast food that they put out. It was little known so no line of people waiting and it was much more appealing then the cold scrambled eggs on the buffet.

Thanks, like the sound of no line of people and no cold scrambled egg!!!

Did you try the breakfast at Taste on deck 5? Just wondering if that is a decent breakfast destination?