Grand Lucayan Day Pass info Please :)

ccw2891

Just trying to get additional info on the day trip to the Grand lucayan in Freeport.

I have been reading several reviews and I see that you can catch a shuttle/taxi van to the marketplace / resort area for $10pp roundtrip Correct?

Most people seem to say they have purchased their day passes online prior to their trip. Do you feel this is necessary? ....I saw at one point they had stopped issuing day passes due to overcrowding, but that was a while ago. Have you purchased on recently?

For those who have recently traveled to Freeport , has anyone recently taken the $10pp shuttle/taxi , then purchased a day pass at the Grand Lucayan resort for $20.

Please give any info you may have i.e....Food cost, individual cocktail prices , beach umbrella cost...any info would be appreciated we leave soon.

• 6 months later...

We stayed at this resort last year and it is absolutely breathtaking! We were not visiting the resort via cruise ship, however there were cruisers that came one of the days and had bought a day pass which included the beach/pool facilities and cocktails/food was additional. The resort was reasonably priced for any alcoholic beverages. I am not sure about food cost, as we were utilizing the all inclusive as a resort guest. They do not offer all inclusive day passes to cruisers. We loved it there so much we will be returning (this time cruising) and purchasing a day pass. From what I understand bring your own towel and pay for drinks/food with credit card. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...