Cruise Critic Party....Late Invitations?

Susan-M

Since CC parties tend to be held during the morning of the first day of a cruise,.

Post #2 above mentions that their CC gathering was on day 7 of a 9 day cruise, despite having two sea days at the beginning of the cruise.

Our's was on day 5, our first sea day.

There is probably some consistency on each ship from one cruise to the next, so if you can find out from someone who was on the same ship and same itinerary prior to your cruise, that might be your best chance of knowing when it will be held.

I have both the invite and the daily for the day of the party in front of me and I can confirm that the party is NOT listed in the daily !

Another inconsistancy on the part of X. It WAS listed on our cruise. To answer SS Cruise Lady, the daily stated: 10:30am Cruise Critic Welcome Party. Please bring your invitation......Michael's Club.

This is why I save all my printed info from cruises. I never quote facts unless I have the printed information to refer to.

X just keeps dropping the ball time after time, with excuses or passing the buck, or forgetting. This is just my observation from people we have met onboard or those who have posted here or other boards about services or things they did not receive onboard during their cruise that they should have gotten.

On the other hand, I read here that X is superior to other mass market lines. The truth IMHO, is they are all very similar.

• Administrators

Hello Folks:

I'm sorry many of you have experienced problems receiving your invitation on board Celebrity ships. I will pass this information on to the folks at Celebrity.

For Royal Caribbean you may note that the time/date/place for all Meet & Mingles is posted online approximately four weeks before sailing. You can view the list here:

Confirmed Meet & Mingle Party List

Laura

On the Mercury, the Captain's Club Cocktail Party was listed in the Daily Activities , but the Cruise Critics Connections party wasn't. (All of these different CCs!) However, we got our invitations upon boarding. I did see the Guest Relations staff addressing correspondence to individual staterooms, but I would think that the actual invitations and the list of invitees would have to be done by someone else, no?

I love the way RCI does it. This is a case where the lines could learn from each other.

Susan

Archived