Breakaway Spa Mini-Suites

mein18

Looking to book a mini-suite on the Breakaway and thinking of upgrading to a spa mini-suite. Looks to be around $300 upgrade.

Is it worth it?

Is there much noise from above?

I see the balconies are extremely small. Do the larger balconies a few decks down block the straight down view of the water?

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like every other room has a little niche where the bed sits and makes the room look a little larger or at least the space between the foot of the bed and wall. Is that true?

Does anyone have any pictures or reviews of specific rooms?

Thank you in advance. Any info is appreciated.

Looking to book a mini-suite on the Breakaway and thinking of upgrading to a spa mini-suite. Looks to be around $300 upgrade.

Is it worth it?

Is there much noise from above?

I see the balconies are extremely small. Do the larger balconies a few decks down block the straight down view of the water?

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like every other room has a little niche where the bed sits and makes the room look a little larger or at least the space between the foot of the bed and wall. Is that true?

Does anyone have any pictures or reviews of specific rooms?

Stayed in a spa balcony. Loved having access to the Spa. Never did before. We were in 1210. Steward was great and right behind bridge. Balcony is small but did not bother us. Still sat out there. Heard mini is the same but bigger bathroom, heard can be noisy if you are under a busy area.

Is it worth it? Is it per person or total? The biggest perk to a spa mini suite is that it comes with spa access. This is typically $179pp if purchased ahead of time, or $199 pp if purchased onboard. So, if it's $300 total, definitely worth it as you're saving money if you would buy the passes anyway.

Is there much noise from above? We were in 14168 and did have noise from the pool deck above - loungers being put out and hoses rinsing very early in the morning. It didn't bother us too much, but if you're a light sleeper beware of deck 14.

I see the balconies are extremely small. Do the larger balconies a few decks down block the straight down view of the water? We had a straight down view of the water. Yes, the balconies are tiny, which stinks.

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like every other room has a little niche where the bed sits and makes the room look a little larger or at least the space between the foot of the bed and wall. Is that true? I'm not positive I understand this question, but yes, there is space between the foot of the bed and wall and yes, you can tell if the bed will be near the closet or the balcony based on where that extra niche or space is carved out on the deck plan.

Does anyone have any pictures or reviews of specific rooms? See my pics below.

27623223816_cf2dac6da3_b.jpg

27047399643_28ae0f61ae_b.jpg

27657684685_a0fcf0c62e_b.jpg

27129506073_187a1acbe4_b.jpg

27740269755_f607a34550_b.jpg

27658006725_7e55e2bb12_b.jpg

Thank you for the information and pictures. Having a hard time with the size of the balconies on all the mini suites on 14. Your pictures sure show how small they are. With long legs, I'm afraid I may be hitting the glass with my knees. May move down and grab the large balconies that I believe are on 8.

Thank you for the information and pictures. Having a hard time with the size of the balconies on all the mini suites on 14. Your pictures sure show how small they are. With long legs, I'm afraid I may be hitting the glass with my knees. May move down and grab the large balconies that I believe are on 8.

I would absolutely do that! If we sail NCL again, I will either be in a large balcony or an inside or oceanview. Is just too much money for too small a space. We got a fantastic upsell on the spa-suite or we wouldn't have done it. We did love the thermal suite!

I don't think we will use the Thermal Suite anyhow and it is around $250 per person more than a normal mini suite so no real advantage. Thanks again for all the information. This will be our first time on one of the larger ships. Been avoiding them all along but going to take advantage of sailing out of NY where we can drive or take the train to and some credits we have from our last NCL cruise on the Dawn due to some major balcony problems. Didn't have use of the balcony on 5 of the 7 days.