More questions sorry

Confused_mammaj

Hi all. We have booked our cruise, N711. We are all very excited and are already counting down to our holiday.

However I have a few questions that would love your help with. The first being alcohol. I drink wine and hubby drinks cider and as we have booked a superior deluxe balcony cabin we would like to be able to sit on the balcony and have a drink if we want. So my first question is how much can we take on? I am more looking at the cider.

Second question is when do we received the time that we can board the ship? As we are traveling with two small children I like to have a plan.

Thank you so much.

Hi CM

Your boarding time will be on your etickets - 5 to 6 weeks before departure if you are on the full fare (select). Any saver fare will usually be later - sometimes just a week or so before departure as it depends on your cabin allocation.

As to alcohol. P&O and Cunard are very good when it comes to taking it on board. Boarding at Southampton shouldn't be a problem if you both had say 6 cans each in your hand luggage (just thinking of the weight for carrying on as you have children as well). You may find cider available in some of the stops you make, so can replenish en-route. Not sure, but you may be able to buy cider from your cabin steward providing I'm not mixing my cruise lines up - usually 6 for the price of 5 at ship prices.

Wine so easy to bring on board at your stops. As you are on Ventura, you may want to try out some of the wine flights (3 small glasses allowing you to try various wines) in the glass house.

Edited by cruiser1955

Hi all. We have booked our cruise, N711. We are all very excited and are already counting down to our holiday.

However I have a few questions that would love your help with. The first being alcohol. I drink wine and hubby drinks cider and as we have booked a superior deluxe balcony cabin we would like to be able to sit on the balcony and have a drink if we want. So my first question is how much can we take on? I am more looking at the cider.

Second question is when do we received the time that we can board the ship? As we are traveling with two small children I like to have a plan.

Thank you so much.

Yes within reason you can take onboard what alcohol you like. Only for in cabin/on balcony consumption though.

I always take a wine box onboard with me...easier to fit in the fridge.(in hand luggage)

Cider ...yes you could take cans/bottles.. work out which would be lighter..again in hand luggage.

Hand luggage does go through a scanner as you board, so you would have to be able to lift it up and put it through the scanner.

If you can find cider at any of your stops you can top up there.

Prices in the bars are reasonable as well.

Boarding time as stated will show on your tickets...

I hope you have a really lovely time.

We have sometimes watched videos on youtube that people have uploaded about little children on cruises..they seem to be having a lovely time.

Don't know how you feel about formal wear..but little children dressed up in formal wear look so very very cute...