Dawn Internet

pyrotaz

In a hurry to pay NCL for satellite internet & see if you can lock in the prices now, don't worry - it's going to the there.

Reasonable to speculate, NCL prices for broadband access are probably - IMHO - going up again, especially if and when they get the newest upgrade fleetwide, planned for July 2016.

Besides, it's only good on the ship to/from Bermuda. Useless once you are leave the immediate area of the wharf where she's docked - use your own cellular/WiFi plan, buy a paid WiFi package, or, leave it on Airplane mode.

To avoid traffic jams, check & upgrade your device(s) to dual bands, 5 GHz was much less "crowded" for us on the BA, currently still "faster" than the rest of the fleet.

To avoid traffic jams, check & upgrade your device(s) to dual bands, 5 GHz was much less "crowded" for us on the BA, currently still "faster" than the rest of the fleet.

Interesting. We normally use 5 GHz at home but never noticed it at sea. It's been more than a year ago, but I wonder if Epic used/s dual bands.

It's probably a moot point now, though. As you say, expect another increase. That will price me out of internet for the 13 day TA in the fall--which, ultimately is not a problem

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

My guess is when the fleet upgrade rolls out, it will get the extra band. The bottleneck is the bandwidth upstream as it's all part of the shared connection and load balanced: tower to satellite to land relays.

Here's the screenshot:

b7fe3fd7eb6d3e9fc2565b21cacb6d9d.jpg

47c2dfcdfa3d2b0d0de460c5cb69e3b1.jpg

Last year's Cisco hardware were replaced this year with NEC, the outdoor signals were rock solid, sitting on the Waterfront facing dockyard. For those that need/want/prefer it ... besides paying a small fortune, might as well gear up & sail prepared. Given a choice, much rather hard-wired connect via Cat-6 or Cat-5's.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Your pics reminded me that I use Network Signal Pro. I used to try to locate strongest signal when I had time-limited package. No dual band or I would have noticed it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk