Indy 30th sept 2017 with a 6 year old

nurseshortie

HI everyone our first ever cruise with RC and our six year old daughter, can anyone advise of the activities and what is included In the kids club?. Is it advisable to book into kids club pretty much as soon as you board?. What other activities are on offer for the little ones ? Are they able to go ice skating? Do they do lessons? Sorry for all the questions but my little one keeps asking all these questions and I don't know the answers lol

Thanks in advance lesley xx

6 year olds LOVE the activities. Sorry, no compasses, but they do very age-appropriate activities. The club does NOT take them swimming or ice skating, but you can! Aside from group activities (a show they put on, or a scavenger hunt as a group), they will be in the club for everything.

Sign them up on the 1st evening, when everyone is "new"...and then they can go as much or as little as they (and you) like! They don't do "lessons"...more fun activities....it's not a "school", after all...it's more like a summer camp!

6 is the perfect age....I'd be surprised if your child willingly leaves the club!!!

They even do dinners with the kids some nights, so parents can have some "adult" mealtimes!

Edited by cb at sea

Hi, just come back from independence of the seas today with my 3 & 4 year old boys. It was their first cruise. The kids club was great, we found it very structured so each session has a different theme, song,story book, craft activity and games based around each session, there are 3 sessions a day, 9-12, 2-5, 6:40-10pm. You can drop in/out as much as you like, and you can't book, nor do you need to. Also on port days, they will take your little one to lunch if you would like them to go. They jsut get pizza chips etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

... Then in the evening, if you got to the 6pm dining. They'll pick the, up outside the dining room on deck 4 at 6:45pm, so you can just nip out after starters.... Your waiter will bring your child's food quickly if you let them know.

Any question feel free to ask x

We went with family so we agreed to meet at 6pm every night. You might want to consider if you are planning Togo to the theatre at all, because every night, the show times are set around the dining times....saying that, I did find 6pm a little early to be ready for dinner, we had the most incredible weather, but it was good because after diner we went on deck most nights to watch the sun set!

We're online now looking to book our next cruise, you'll love it! X