immigration

carbon

I have sailed southern route from san juan and did not have immigration. In March will have San Juan as a port of call on the eastern route, what is all this about immigration and it taking so much time. please advise.

I have sailed southern route from san juan and did not have immigration. In March will have San Juan as a port of call on the eastern route, what is all this about immigration and it taking so much time. please advise.

Sounds like you are on a cruise that calls on a non-u.s. port then calls on Puerto Rico.

actually we sail from miami and San juan is first port so maybe we will not have to deal with immigration.

No, you will not have to go through immigration in San Juan since you're going there from Miami. It's only if you stop there after going to a foreign port. Same with U.S. Virgin Islands.

So let me see if I am understanding this right!!

We are going on an Eastern itenerary in Dec 2006, leave Miami then to San Juan, then to St. Thomas, St. Marteen, Nassau, back to Miami.

Since we are going to all US ports before going to a foreign port, we should not have to deal with Immigration until returning to Miami. Right?

Thanks for any advice!

So let me see if I am understanding this right!!

We are going on an Eastern itenerary in Dec 2006, leave Miami then to San Juan, then to St. Thomas, St. Marteen, Nassau, back to Miami.

Since we are going to all US ports before going to a foreign port, we should not have to deal with Immigration until returning to Miami. Right?

Thanks for any advice!

Right. Have a wonderful cruise!!

Archived