Carnival splendor

abby1257

I sure wish they would upgrade the Splendor to 2.0....love the Guy burgers!!!

I am in the minority that I'm not too fond of Guy's Burgers. Besides being greasy and overdone, the venue itself causes terrible traffic jams for those of us who just want to walk around the ship.

Looking forward to sailing Splendor without Guy's next year.

I sure wish they would upgrade the Splendor to 2.0....love the Guy burgers!!!

The Splendor just went in to dry dock recently and had carpets, paint, etc. done. The plan to move her to China has been delayed until 2019. So...unless the China move changes...she won't be getting 2.0

I sailed on the splendor almost 2 years ago, and initially like you, was disappointed that it lacked many of the 2.0 upgrades. But I will say, the Splendor holds a special place in my heart. At the time, it was one of the last ships to still have a full cast for their shows, and while it lacked Guys, the restaurant in it's spot served just as good burgers and hot dogs.

Overall, the Splendor was a great ship, a lot more secluded areas and it seemed to have less "congestion", but the decor, shows, and overall experience was on par....maybe even slightly better than last year's cruise on the Breeze, least in my opinion!

Ryan

I love Guy's also. But am looking forward, on the Splendor, to trying Tandoor and the Rotisserie. Those will both be new to my experience! And if I want a burger, they do have the Grill.

Ooh, I forgot about Tandoor. I chose Tandoor for lunch every day on Dream, Magic, and Breeze.

Now I'm looking more forward to sailing Splendor next year.

We had an absolutely amazing time on the Splendor in April, but after sailing on the Freedom, we missed Guy's Burger and Blue Iguana. However, the staff was amazing, and we spent every single night at the El Mojito (Alchemy Bar but not really Alchemy Bar LOL) Bar just because of the amazing bartender. Also had fantastic bartenders at the lobby bar. The staff told us that because the Splendor is going to China, she did not get the standard 2.0 upgrades.