Options for Transportation for Party of 14 & other ??'s

Buffalofirsttimer4

Ok, so I have read several threads and it looks like our options are:

1) Public bus $2.50 per person (I am thinking US dollars) but is this paid via coins or paper bills?

OR

2) Taxi- $4 per person

Is this about right for a January 2017 trip to Calico Jack's or the Turtle Farm?

We are thinking just a lounge at the beach day but some might want to go to the Turtle Farm, I believe I read this was doable by taking the bus there?

Do we arrange with the taxi a time to return to pick us up if we go to Calico's or will there be taxi's readily available for a party of 14- or do we need to break it up into smaller groups?

We are in port from 8am - 4pm, which I think means we need to get back to port to get on the tender by around 2:30ish??

Thanks in advance.

Happy Sailing!

Public buses are US$2.50 (CI$2) per person for a one way travel from George Town to Seven Mile Beach or West Bay (Turtle Farm). Payment is in cash, either US or CI currency is fine. Generally US coins are not accepted as widely as US paper currency. Pay when you get off.

Taxis similarly accept US or CI currency.

You can catch a public bus from the depot on Edward Street next to the library, just a few blocks walk from the tender piers. You can catch a taxi directly from the taxi rank at the waterfront near the tender pier, but costs a bit more.

Generally taxis and public buses are large passenger vans and would have sufficient seating for your entire group if you find an empty one.

Usually there are several taxis waiting at the Public beach near Calico Jacks in the afternoon waiting to pick up fares to go back to the port. You can probably find an empty taxi if your entire group is ready to return at the same time.

Or you can waive down a passing public bus returning to town. There might not be enough seats empty to fit your entire group.

Public buses are US$2.50 (CI$2) per person for a one way travel from George Town to Seven Mile Beach or West Bay (Turtle Farm). Payment is in cash, either US or CI currency is fine. Generally US coins are not accepted as widely as US paper currency. Pay when you get off.

Taxis similarly accept US or CI currency.

You can catch a public bus from the depot on Edward Street next to the library, just a few blocks walk from the tender piers. You can catch a taxi directly from the taxi rank at the waterfront near the tender pier, but costs a bit more.

Generally taxis and public buses are large passenger vans and would have sufficient seating for your entire group if you find an empty one.

Usually there are several taxis waiting at the Public beach near Calico Jacks in the afternoon waiting to pick up fares to go back to the port. You can probably find an empty taxi if your entire group is ready to return at the same time.

Or you can waive down a passing public bus returning to town. There might not be enough seats empty to fit your entire group.

Thank you for the clarification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk