Miami drug store/wine near port

dimama

We plan to arrive in Miami Saturday afternoon for a Sunday cruise departure. We are flying from Montana with 2 small kids, so I'm trying to simplify packing. We are staying at the Holiday Inn near the port. Is there somewhere nearby where we could pick up kids sand toys (bucket/trucks) and a few bottles of wine? Is it walking distance or should we take a cab? Perhaps have the cab stop on the way to the hotel? Would we be able to purchase the wine Sunday AM? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Diana

We are also arriving in a day prior to our cruise and staying at HI bayside. Here is a thread regarding the Walgreens near Bayside Marketplace (which has a lot of stores)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=231703&highlight=Holiday+Inn+bayside

Here is the link to Bayside Marketplace http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

I am very interested in a place we can walk to to pick up water and soda and maybe some wine.

I can't vouch for this, but saw it posted last week here (closest liquor (incl wine) to Bayside Holiday Inn:

Road Runner Liquor is on same block square as Walgreens-S on Miami to SE 1st St., L Road Runner Liquor No 2 (305) 372-8222 .8 mi from HI

51 Southeast 1st Street, Miami, FL 33131 (SE 1st X SE 1st – Flagler or NE 1st St. to 1st Ave., L 1 blk. to SE 1st St – R (in middle of this block)

Archived