Just Back from Explorer- No Problems from Wilma

nfantrn

My family was shocked at the great weather we had on the Oct 16-23 Explorer sailing. A week before we went I was on the internet daily checking out the weather reports for San Juan, St Thomas, and St Maarten. Each had 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms predicted.

Beside a 10 minute shower in San Juan the weather was great.

When we heard on Wednesday that Hurricane Wilma was due to hit Florida on Sunday morning, I figured we might get a couple extra days at sea, but they informed us on Friday night that the storm had stalled and we should be able to arrive in Miami safely Sunday morning as scheduled.

There were several extra ships in port since the Western Itinarary had to be changed. It was no problem for us though. (I'm sure many were disappointed in their changes)

After getting up this morning and seeing all the damage in Florida it was hard to believe that I was there less than 24 hours before. Scary!!!:eek:

Anyway, I will give a review of the ship and our trip tomorrow.

Our prayers go out to all those affected by the terrible Hurricane Season of 2005.

God Bless

Connie,

Hopefully by Nov 6th all of these crazy hurricanes will be gone. I know you will love the Explorer. It's a great ship. I wish we were going back already! My husband said I need to at least wait a couple of months before I start planning cruise # 7:) I'm thinking Nov. 2006 sounds good.

Have a wonderful trip and let me know if you have any questions about the Explorer.

God Bless,

Stacy

Archived