Alaska Cruise/Land Tour on NCL

lovable70

Looking to travel to Alaska in July 2017 and would love to hear other people's experiences, especially with the land tour part. Am considering the 12-day Southbound Land/Sea from Fairbanks to Vancouver.

Questions I have about this trip........

1. Wondering about the types of hotels from Fairbanks to Seward before boarding the NCL Sun. Can you give info on types of places you stayed?

2. Tundra Wilderness Tour.......how is the bus? My mom will be going and if it is a "school bus" then I know it will not be for her over the 7+ hour ride through Denali

3. Were you able to purchase a "food package" for the land portion through NCL so you didn't have to find places to eat yourself? I know that HAL has something like this.

4. As far as the cruise portion, is the an advantage to have a cabin on one side of the boat for the other? Thinking about view all the wonderful sites....glaciers, etc while on the boat. Think my mom will be in the cabin a bunch sitting on the balcony.

Appreciate any insight you have about the land portion of the tour!