Jewel of the Seas California Cruise! Photos! (Sept)

alcatraz%201%20of%201-13.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-18.jpg

All the wardens over the years

alcatraz%201%20of%201-19.jpg

This used to be the wardens house

alcatraz%201%20of%201-20.jpg

They left the whole open so that you could see how they escaped. Along with the fake head to make it look like he was sleeping.

alcatraz%201%20of%201-21.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-22.jpg

So give it up! What is your good camera? Very nice pictures! Only looked because I'm sure we were on this cruise Sept 26 JOS? :D

Yep thats the one! It was the first itinerary. I think they had two. The camera is a Nikon D40. I love it! I dont even think they make it anymore. I will be taking it on every cruise from now on. The only thing I dont care for is that it does not take video. So we have our Muvi HD camera for that.

Yep thats the one! It was the first itinerary. I think they had two. The camera is a Nikon D40. I love it! I dont even think they make it anymore. I will be taking it on every cruise from now on. The only thing I dont care for is that it does not take video. So we have our Muvi HD camera for that.

I have that one! I'm not a photographer, so I stopped using it because I thought it was too complicated for me. Any tips? Any settings you use a lot? Much appreciated since it's just sitting here not getting used :( The Nikon that is...

I have that one! I'm not a photographer, so I stopped using it because I thought it was too complicated for me. Any tips? Any settings you use a lot? Much appreciated since it's just sitting here not getting used :( The Nikon that is...

Yeah its a great starting camera. I was the same way for about a year I kept getting frustrated. Its a steep learning curve on them... I haven't gone completely to manual mode yet. That is complicated but I use aperture mode and shutter mode a lot. Biggest thing is how to use your light... you will learn that light is the most important thing. I took a class on Udemy that something just clicked with it and I finally got it. I got it when it went on sale to so I didnt have to pay full price.

https://www.udemy.com/photography-masterclass-your-complete-guide-to-photography/learn/v4/overview

And its ok to shoot in auto... some of my great photos came out in auto. But I used to put a lot of pressure on myself to get out of it... but if you get the results you want out of auto, why not right?

But definitely check out the class.... its awesome... and it you can do it at your own pace... great class!

Hope this helps!

Yeah its a great starting camera. I was the same way for about a year I kept getting frustrated. Its a steep learning curve on them... I haven't gone completely to manual mode yet. That is complicated but I use aperture mode and shutter mode a lot. Biggest thing is how to use your light... you will learn that light is the most important thing. I took a class on Udemy that something just clicked with it and I finally got it. I got it when it went on sale to so I didnt have to pay full price.

https://www.udemy.com/photography-masterclass-your-complete-guide-to-photography/learn/v4/overview

And its ok to shoot in auto... some of my great photos came out in auto. But I used to put a lot of pressure on myself to get out of it... but if you get the results you want out of auto, why not right?

But definitely check out the class.... its awesome... and it you can do it at your own pace... great class!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! Will look at that. I paid full price unfortunately :(

Thank You for your response! That was an awesome cruise. My wife has a Nikon D50 which went on every cruise until she upgraded to the D5300 with video capability :D

Love your pics! We sail the Jewel next April so your review is getting me excited!

Awesome!!! Jewel was fun. So far between Jewel and Enchantment I actually liked Enchantment more for some reason. Although I did like that Jewel had a movie theater. That was neat.

Your from Temecula huh? We are over in Vista! :) We are practically neighbors! lol

Very beautiful photos! Although I am sure the camera is nice (I'm a cannon girl though)... I give more credit to the photographer... Clearly an eye for framing and angles. Very nice!

Thank you! Yeah isnt it funny your either a Nikon person or a Canon lol.

Here are some photos from Monterrey.... We loved it there! SO awesome... I dont have much time so this will be a quick post. We walked through cannery row and went to the aquarium, of course. In between we had lunch at a little Mexican restaurant... I had to have my Horchata ya know. ::wink wink:: So here are some photos of our day there.

alcatraz%201%20of%201-62.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-63.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-64.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-66.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-69.jpg

alcatraz%201%20of%201-71.jpg