Non-alcoholic drinks?

giddyup

Can anyone please advise how much the drinks cost, without the alcohol. I've heard that with the drinks of the day, they have the alcohol separated, and add it to the drink once you buy it .... is this correct? Would make it easier to get them without that way :)

Thanks in advance!

That's correct. The drinks of the day are all virgin until your server adds the alcohol just before he/she serves it to you. Unfortunately, I believe they cost the same as those with alcohol. Last week we were on the Mariner and I was very surprized that you could no longer purchase drinks of the day without the souvenier glass. :mad: And the cost was between $7 and $10, depending on the drink and kind of glass. After several days, I finally got a server to sell me one without the glass. It wasn't easy to get him to do it though. I really feel RCI is going in the wrong direction with this. It kept me from ordering as many beverages as I normally would.

Beth

The virgin drinks are the same price as the regular ones .... now that doesn't seem right at all. If that is the case, that is quite the rip off! I hope not, because I too would like to enjoy a nice slushy drink or daquiri during the week, but can't have the regular ones because of Baby.

Beth, would you recommend that we bring water bottles for all the hassle? I do see myself getting drinks but if it's like what you describe, I'll bring my own water....drinks....stuff....etc!

I was happy with the tap water with ice cubes added when I wanted a drink of water. And there are other beverages available from the Windjammer, such as lemonade and ice tea. I still ordered the drinks, but not nearly as many as usual. RCI was the loser on that one in my case.

Beth

The virigin drinks are usually $1 cheapers except when it is the "drink of the day;" then there is no discount.

As for pricing, I think RCI is getting out of hand on their nonalcoholic drink prices. For instance, their "soda card" is the most expensive of any of the cruise lines. As a result, I'm thinking of just bringing my own onboard rather than spending $42 on the card. Even though I drink a lot of soda, I didn't think it was much of a value last time I got the card.

:eek: $1 cheaper???

I got taken then! $4.95 for the same Pina Colada as the next guy, sans the alcohol! When I bought the swirly souvenir glasses (with the blue rim) it still cost me $9-without the alcohol.

And for soda cards, try $49-after gratuities. I was a little ticked at DH for buying it since we brought an entire suitcase packed full of Aquafina, Mountain Dew, and Diet Caffeine Free Coke. But he reasoned that he needed his soda at dinner, poolside, and everywhere else it wouldn't be kosher to show up with his own bottle of Mountain Dew in hand.

I just got off the Explorer of the Seas on Sunday and the prices of the drinks were almost 3.00 cheaper without the alcohol.

the 1st day I got a rum runner it was 7.32

The rest of the week I drank mostly Miami Vice (nonalcholic) and it was 4.60

What's in a Miami Vice?

So glad you brought this up. I was into my 4th day on the Mariner the first week of this mo. when I finally noticed I was paying the same price for a plain glass as the fancy colored stems! I'd read here last yr that the plain glass was $2 cheaper & that's what I ordered. No longer true! Do you think even one server mentioned they all cost the same now? Not! Never crossed my mind to ask.

Beth, would you recommend that we bring water bottles for all the hassle? I do see myself getting drinks but if it's like what you describe, I'll bring my own water....drinks....stuff....etc!

I'll risk answering this, even though my name's not Beth.;) I brought an empty plastic bottle (the kind with an attached straw) and an empty coffee thermos. I used both a lot, and was glad I had them. In the morning I would get 2 or 3 cups of coffee at the cafe or the buffet and pore them in my thermos - then head out to the pool for some morning sun. With the plastic bottle, I would make a trip to the buffett and fill-it up with a mixture of lemonade and water. (I like watered-down drinks.) I also used it to mix rum and orange juice to have some adult beverages at the pool for a minimal price.

Dave

So am I understanding this correctly.....the drink of the day comes in a souvenir glass. This drink is more expensive then a non-drink of the day foo foo drink. If you ask not to be served in the souvenir glass you still pay the extra charge. So bottom line if you do not want the glass you should order something other then the drink of the day unless you want to pay extra?

So am I understanding this correctly.....the drink of the day comes in a souvenir glass. This drink is more expensive then a non-drink of the day foo foo drink. If you ask not to be served in the souvenir glass you still pay the extra charge. So bottom line if you do not want the glass you should order something other then the drink of the day unless you want to pay extra?

Close but not quite. Yes the drink of the day now comes only in a souvenier glass (unless you're lucky enough to get a server to sell you one without it). It is also my understanding that the drink of the day is pricier than the non drink of the day foo foo drink but I didn't order any of those so I may be wrong on this one. Most servers will not sell you a drink of the day without the souvenier glass, I just got lucky (or beat him down, not sure which).

Beth

Was on Navigator of the Seas 10/15 we ordered 3 Virgin Pina Coladas in the Metropolis theater on 3 different nights. The price ranged anywhere from 3.74 to $5 pre tip. On the receipt the servers all put them in as different titles even though it was always the exact same drink. Another time we ordered a Strawbery Colada and they charged about $.75 for the strawberry addition. Strange, but not too bad, my favorite of all was when Captain Bang opened the drinks up for free for an hour on our extra sea day. Pina Coladas are always better when there free!

I believe the drink of the day is cheaper than the non drink of the day. On an Explorer cruise 2 weeks ago the drink of the days were going for $5.95. However, I'd like to know how much a non drink of the day costs if you don't get the souviner glass.

I agree that this silly rule of having to get the souviner glass with the drink of the day will defintely cause us to order less. RCI's loss.

Close but not quite. Yes the drink of the day now comes only in a souvenier glass (unless you're lucky enough to get a server to sell you one without it). It is also my understanding that the drink of the day is pricier than the non drink of the day foo foo drink but I didn't order any of those so I may be wrong on this one. Most servers will not sell you a drink of the day without the souvenier glass, I just got lucky (or beat him down, not sure which).

Beth

Well, that whole concept stinks. I always insist on the drink of the day in a plain glass, except for sail away. For that, I'll go to one of the bars and fight the mobs to get my one souvenier glass (like I need any more of them). I think you're right, you have to beat them down sometimes. When they tell you it "has" to be in the glass, just point out that it doesn't say so on the Compass, and you'll have it for the Compass price (which as I recall is for the drink in a regular glass). And I'd be livid and beyond if they charged me the same for non-alcoholic as alcoholic drinks. What the booze is free??? I mean, if it doesn't add to the price, just give me the free booze and I'll make my own mixed drinks. LOL.

beachchick

I always buy the first drink in the glass and take it to the bar for a refill.They always gave me a discount.I hope that hasn't changed.The only exception is I buy the drinks in those nice glass martini style glasses with the swirls on them.I use them at home.

Archived