Eatimate of taxi fare

airlink diva

I'm thinking about leaving for my cruise two days early instead of one day. I will arrive around midnight. I have a car rental, but I don't want to pick the car up until the original date.

What I need to know is how far is the Extended Stay hotel on 1450 S.E. 17th St Cswy in Fort Lauderdale from the airport. My plan is to take a taxi to the hotel on my night of arrival and in the morning to the airport for my rental. If the estimate is too high, I will extend my rental.

Thanks!!

Do you know if the Taxi rate from Miami airport to Port everglades is still around $20. I have not cruised from FL for about year.

MIAMI airport to Port Everglades has never been around $20... It's closer to $70-80.

Miami airport to Port of Miami is fixed at $21.

Fort Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades is about $10-15 depending on what part of the port your ship is docked.

Thanks for the info TrentS. I have one more question for you. I'm staying at the Extended Stay on 17th coming in on the 12th. I'm wondering should I prepay for my gas with the rental company? This is an option that I never do! But I noticed on the news that there are limited spots to purchace gas. Please advised!!

No, there's no need to prepay gas. The majority of gas stations are now open. I just got back from running a few errands and didn't even see any lines.

There's no shortage of gas, there was just a problem because so many stations were without power, but most of the business/tourist areas have power now, and I've noticed several of the gas stations that don't have brought in large generators.

FPL is now promising that 95% of customers will have power by November 8, so things will be pretty well back to normal by the time you get here. The majority of stores and restaurants are open now in the downtown/SE 17th street area, things are much much better now!

No, there's no need to prepay gas. The majority of gas stations are now open. I just got back from running a few errands and didn't even see any lines.

There's no shortage of gas, there was just a problem because so many stations were without power, but most of the business/tourist areas have power now, and I've noticed several of the gas stations that don't have brought in large generators.

FPL is now promising that 95% of customers will have power by November 8, so things will be pretty well back to normal by the time you get here. The majority of stores and restaurants are open now in the downtown/SE 17th street area, things are much much better now!

Thanks! you are a lifesaver!! I know that others have told you this, but you are really kind to give updates and info to everyone!!

Archived