A la carte dining without Specialty Dining Package

dave.s

OK, I think there is some confusion here.
Very possibly. But the terms list both the Raw Bar and Sushi as upcharge options with the SDP. If you are saying that they don't actually honor this on the Getaway, that is a problem (not a huge problem, because not that many people are probably interested in using an SDP credit for sushi).

Thank you for the information about the restrictions on how much you are allowed to order if you pay the upcharge at the Raw Bar. It makes sense that it's not unlimited, but one order of shellfish is disappointingly ungenerous. I have not heard of any similar limitations on sushi (on other ships, where the SDP is honored at the sushi bar, in accordance with the terms of the package).

Very possibly. But the terms list both the Raw Bar and Sushi as upcharge options with the SDP. If you are saying that they don't actually honor this on the Getaway, that is a problem (not a huge problem, because not that many people are probably interested in using an SDP credit for sushi).

Thank you for the information about the restrictions on how much you are allowed to order if you pay the upcharge at the Raw Bar. It makes sense that it's not unlimited, but one order of shellfish is disappointingly ungenerous. I have not heard of any similar limitations on sushi (on other ships, where the SDP is honored at the sushi bar, in accordance with the terms of the package).

Youa re correct, and I was wrong. The T&C I was looking at were out of date. The Sushi Bar was not previously listed as having an upcharge.

On allowances at raw bar, we were on Breakaway, not getaway, and we had an incredibly surly waiter who was beyond annoyed that we were seated about 10 minutes before they were closing. I ordered the seafood tower, which I paid for and didnt use a credit. My husband used a credit and paid the $7 upcharge. He ordered the 1/2 lobster and prawns, and the waiter told him he would have to pay for one or the other. Then we realized how much was on the seafood tower, because we saw one being delivered, and he eliminated the prawns. Not sure if it was because the waiter was a jerk, or because he ordered the lobster, which I'm not even sure is still on the menu, or because he ordered multiples.

And I said above seafood tower was 435 (YIKES) that was a typo. it is 35.00

Current version:

Food Republic, The Bake Shop, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, specialty items in the Asian restaurant, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15 USD), For the Record ($15 USD), Ocean Blue ($15 USD), Bayamo ($15 USD), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7 USD), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7 USD), and Raw Bar ($7 USD).

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu.