Can't buy photo packages after Sept?

We have a cruise coming up the end of September and sometimes we buy the photo package ahead of time - depending on the price, etc. So, I've been lurking on the mycruisephotos.com site for months, waiting for our cruise to appear. Since we are now about 60 days or so out, I thought it strange it's not showing, so I checked out the other ships and it looks like you can't see photo packages for any RCI ship after the first week of September. Anyone have any insight? Are they changing companies? Stopping pre-purchasing of packages? Any thoughts?

I'm planning to keep checking but it struck me as odd since I've been looking since March/April and even back then, there were cruises listed out through Sept 2, which would have been 5-6 months ahead of time. For those traveling the first week of Sept, we are getting quite close to 30 days and still nothing across any ship.

This is the first time I've heard about this website,

but i would love to pre order a photo package.

we are sailing on RCI on the 8th October for 24 nights

what would we expect to pay for a package and is it cheaper to do it this way than on board?

thanks

sylva

• 1 month later...

This is strange, considering that you could purchase the package if you were on a Celebrity cruise through Jan 2017! Or Disney through November 2016.

Wonder if they are going to be doing something different?

I just tried to look for my cruise on Anthem for Nov. 27, 2016 and still nothing available for any RCCL cruise. You can book a celebrity cruise up to Jan 2017.

Seems a little weird, that the only cruise line not available to book is RCCL.

I did actually send them a message through their website querying this and they came back stating that pre-ordering may not be available on all ships going forward, but to set an email alert so that I get notified once my cruise becomes available. It will be interesting how this will pan out.

Corinna

I see they added cruise dates for RCCL cruises all the way up to Nov 06, 2016. Randomly I selected the ships Allure and Anthem and they do have all sail dates up until Nov 6.

OK so it wasn't random, I am interested in the Anthem - lol:D

Lets see if they continue

This happened to me last March for an end of March cruise (I had also started a forum at that time). I believe they posted them about two weeks before. Its almost like whomever is suppose to do that forgets until the last minute. Now they will post the next 6 months and forget again. Or maybe they renew contracts with Royal every 6 months. Who knows.

I did actually send them a message through their website querying this and they came back stating that pre-ordering may not be available on all ships going forward, but to set an email alert so that I get notified once my cruise becomes available. It will be interesting how this will pan out.

Corinna

I set an email alert on our Allure cruise in Nov 2015 and our May 2016 Freedom sailing. Never once received an email.

I noticed that my cruise was up a few days ago and posted a new thread. I also had scheduled an email alert and just got the alert yesterday. The email said it was a 20% off savings from onboard but another person was on my same cruise a couple weeks ago and the onboard price they gave was just 15% more. Just FYI.

Edited by CruisinQueen2013