What makes sense?

So we will be in St Maarten two times. I am trying to figure out what makes the most sense. The first trip we will be there Dec 27 and the second June 24th. If I am reading the port schedule correctly, Dec 27th there will be at least 6ships in port. June 24th ? 1. We were thinking of renting a car and doing a dIY tour. Which day would be the best to attempt this vs using a cab and going to Majo and Mullet? Pros and cons of each idea?

If these were my choices, I'd rent the car on the day the most ships are in and plan my driving route to avoid Maho and downtown Phillipsburg on the return. Head to Marigot and Grand Case first then come back via Orient Beach and Oyster Bay.

Then do the Maho, Sunset Bar, Mullet thing on the day when you're the only ship in port. Less traffic, smaller crowds.

http://www.sxm-info.com/SXM-map/

Thank you. This was what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if it should be reverse or what!

Thanks for the map link as well.

If these were my choices, I'd rent the car on the day the most ships are in and plan my driving route to avoid Maho and downtown Phillipsburg on the return. Head to Marigot and Grand Case first then come back via Orient Beach and Oyster Bay.

Then do the Maho, Sunset Bar, Mullet thing on the day when you're the only ship in port. Less traffic, smaller crowds.

http://www.sxm-info.com/SXM-map/