Anyone out there do BACK TO BACK Cruises?

I just wondered how many cruisers have done back to back cruises? DH and I are booked on two MED cruises September 2006.!!! Yipee!, 20 days sailing the Med. 8 days from September 12 to 20th on the Brilliance and 12 days from September 20 until October 2nd on the same ship.

We are in an inside cabin for the first leg (economics) and then an aft balcony cabin for the 12 days. What I would like to know is (1) does RCI move our belongings? (2) When do you physically move? (3) I assume we have to leave the ship and re register again (yes) (no)?

Also, I assume we get 2 points for the 2 cruises.

Any tips for doing this with the least amount of pain and bother. I know that it would have been better to stay in the same room, but it wasn't in the budget. It will be an adventure as we have never had an inside cabin.

I just wondered how many cruisers have done back to back cruises? DH and I are booked on two MED cruises September 2006.!!! Yipee!, 20 days sailing the Med. 8 days from September 12 to 20th on the Brilliance and 12 days from September 20 until October 2nd on the same ship.

We are in an inside cabin for the first leg (economics) and then an aft balcony cabin for the 12 days. What I would like to know is (1) does RCI move our belongings? (2) When do you physically move? (3) I assume we have to leave the ship and re register again (yes) (no)?

1.Your cabin attendant, or others, will help you move the things on a luggage cart. You do not have to pack them up to do that.

It depends on the port as to how you do the transformation from cruise 1 to 2.

2. You move the day everyone else leaves the ship.

3.It is very simple and takes but a few minutes either way they do it. Some times off and on in a minute or two, sometimes you don't have to get off the ship.

Also, I assume we get 2 points for the 2 cruises.

You do not get an extra point for cruises 9 days or longer. That is 12 nights or longer to earn that point.

You will get 1 point for the 1st first cruise if it is less than 12 nights, and you are not in a suite.

You will get 2 points for the 2nd cruise if you are in a suite, JS or higher, up to 11 nights, and 3 points if it is 12 nights, not 12 days or more.

You can not add these cruises together to make 12 nights.

Any tips for doing this with the least amount of pain and bother. I know that it would have been better to stay in the same room, but it wasn't in the budget. It will be an adventure as we have never had an inside cabin.

Have a great time. The Brilliance is a beautiful ship to sail on.

Canadiansnowbird

We just completed a B2B on the Empress. Total of nine nights. We got lots of info from this board before we booked so first we booked our cabin. When i had a choice of having to leave my clothes in the same cabin OR pack it up and have the crew move it, i knew i was not packing twice. You can still keep all the clothes on hangers, but you have to pack up and have it moved early on departure day. With us, we did not have to report to the pursers office until 9:30 the morning of the second cruise. So we slept in and took our time at breakfast. Wonderful news next, they walked us off the ship to get signed up for the next cruise and back on board. A matter of 15 minutes. We had the pool deck to ourselves. Even though the doors to the cabin halls are closed until 1:00, our cabin steward told us how to get in and out. Others on this board said they might have a special luncheon if there were alot of B2B people. Our case it was my husband and myself. They told us we could do whatever we wanted to do.

I will tell you, no one ever notified us of what we needed to do the day of the first departure, i went to the pursers desk and asked on our last night. She said immigration should have sent a letter to our room. They didn't, so she just gave us the info. I have to say it was a nice feeling not having to rush that morning, but the next leg of our cruise went fast and that dreadful day of packing was there. Enjoy. Let me know if there are any other questions i can help you with.

We did a back to back some years ago on the Legend from Singapore to Sydney, staying in the same cabin for another 14 days to Auckland.

We toured Sydney for the day, and when we returned to the ship, we couldn't get into our cabin (same cabin as the first leg). We went to the purser's desk and they told us that the keys had become invalid after 12 noon. Nobody had told us this, so I'm warning you now. When you return from touring Barcelona, you will need to stop and get a new keycard for your second leg.

Like the previous poster said, nobody had given us any information on the back to back procedure.

Happy Cruising, Ginnie

Canadiansnowbird

We just completed a B2B on the Empress. Total of nine nights. We got lots of info from this board before we booked so first we booked our cabin. When i had a choice of having to leave my clothes in the same cabin OR pack it up and have the crew move it, i knew i was not packing twice. You can still keep all the clothes on hangers, but you have to pack up and have it moved early on departure day. With us, we did not have to report to the pursers office until 9:30 the morning of the second cruise. So we slept in and took our time at breakfast. Wonderful news next, they walked us off the ship to get signed up for the next cruise and back on board. A matter of 15 minutes. We had the pool deck to ourselves. Even though the doors to the cabin halls are closed until 1:00, our cabin steward told us how to get in and out. Others on this board said they might have a special luncheon if there were alot of B2B people. Our case it was my husband and myself. They told us we could do whatever we wanted to do.

I will tell you, no one ever notified us of what we needed to do the day of the first departure, i went to the pursers desk and asked on our last night. She said immigration should have sent a letter to our room. They didn't, so she just gave us the info. I have to say it was a nice feeling not having to rush that morning, but the next leg of our cruise went fast and that dreadful day of packing was there. Enjoy. Let me know if there are any other questions i can help you with.

thanks for posting the reply...Wld appreciate it if u wld make any recommendations of things to do or to do differently. Didn't they tell u anything when u first boarded - did u tell them u were a B2Ber? I am on a B2B next yr different itineraries but same cabin so cld sure use some help..

Thanks in advance.

Happy cruisin'!!

My husband and I have done many back to back cruises on different cruise lines. We have always been notified the day before what to do on the final day of the first cruise and how it will be done, where you should meet and what you should bring.

Our room key/sea pass card was changed when we went through the process of re registering. That way you can get off the ship and back on when you are done. Without that new sea pass/room key card for the second week in hand, the machine would not recognize you as a passenger when you try to re board.

If you do not hear anything on your next to the last day of the cruise, take your documents that you have for the second week to the pursers desk and ask. I would also tell them you will need the luggage cart and help for the following day.

Archived