Aft balcony cabin 6690 Voyager of the Seas

I tried posting this in the cabin selection section but had no response. Has anyone stayed in this balcony cabin or a sixth deck aft balcony cabin on VOS? My DH loves a balcony cabin and I understand that these balconies are much larger. I have seen some photos of that area but still can't get a good feel about this cabin. I have booked this cabin for a 13 night transatlantic cruise in May 2006. All other aft balconies were taken. I know that there is a large area between the balcony and the back of the ship. Some have termed that area a crew deck--not sure what that entails? Anyway, can someone enlighten me about this area?

I can give you some info.

We were in 6688 on Mariner.This is the corner,next to yours I believe.

It is a little different on Mariner,because this area in front in not used by the crew,it is just an open space.

The open space did not bother me.You can't see straight down to the water,but it is still a nice view...Of course,we had the port hole..so we could see out the side as well.Our balcony was large..Probably twice as deep as a regular...

It was very quite and peaceful there.Our only dislike did come from the crew area however...The area (below us on 5) was hardly ever used,and when they were there ,they were very quite.But there was a door,between their food area,and a living area and it slammed everytime someone went through it..It was not continuous,and it was not horrible.There were a couple of times in the day (9-10) at night,when it got the most use....And early one morning 7-8 when i was trying to rest out there...

We really enjoyed it,and would take it again...But are aiming for 7688:)

Archived