Verizon Reward Points to book a cruise

RVRoadie

I tried booking through the Verizon Rewards site, and could get a discount amounting to about 5%. However, at the final step of booking there was no provision to use one of my Cruise Next deposit certificates. I can only complete booking if I pay the cruise deposit.

Called Verizon for assistance, and you can imagine how that went. Not even sure who to call at NCL. Do you suppose NCL will refund the deposit in exchange for a certificate?

Any ideas?

I tried booking through the Verizon Rewards site, and could get a discount amounting to about 5%. However, at the final step of booking there was no provision to use one of my Cruise Next deposit certificates. I can only complete booking if I pay the cruise deposit.

Called Verizon for assistance, and you can imagine how that went. Not even sure who to call at NCL. Do you suppose NCL will refund the deposit in exchange for a certificate?

Any ideas?

I ran into the same thing and got a Verizon rep who referred me back to the Verizon Rewards T&C. Bottom line, the answer in "no". Verizon rewards cannot be combined with any other program, or so the rep explained to me. Here's a part of the T&C:

Cruise offers cannot be combined with any cruise line credits, coupons, discounts or offers, including low fare guarantees. Points will be forfeited and no refunds or credits will be honored if any other offers are applied to this booking........Due to the nature of this program, these Terms and Conditions supersede any information obtained by contacting the cruise line directly.

Yea, I saw that. But Cruise Next is a prepaid deposit that can be used regardless of how you book (according to NCL certificate).

Not sure why NCL would offer their product through a company like Verizon when it is just going to piss off their customers with onerous restrictions that are in conflict with NCL's policies.

Edited by RVRoadie

Yea, I saw that. But Cruise Next is a prepaid deposit that can be used regardless of how you book (according to NCL certificate).

Not sure why NCL would offer their product through a company like Verizon when it is just going to piss off their customers with onerous restrictions that are in conflict with NCL's policies.

Totally agree!