New ships versus old ships

dam64

Sometimes it is the ship and sometimes it is the itinerary. We like to mix it up. I do find myself tending to choose newer ships over older if the prices are similar and there are other wants the newer ship meets that the older ship does not. DH prefers the mid-sized ships (ie. NCL Jewel, CCL Freedom, etc) and he finds the mega ships too big and crowded. I like both the mid-size and mega ships. I don't mind the size of the mega ships and don't see the crowds as any different as any other ship we have sailed. There is nothing wrong with the smaller ships. We enjoyed both our CCL Inspiration and Elation cruises. Having said that, most of the time they don't make it on my short list to choose from so I must have some subconscious desire not to sail on them.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I would have to say we cruise for the itinerary. We've only been on 4 cruises (a 5th is booked) and they were all on mid size, with the Crown Princess being the largest (3k pax). We had an amazing time on all 4 of our cruises.

Being a mega ship would not deter us from booking if it was an itinerary we were interested in. In all honesty, we would like to cruise on a mega ship and compare which we like best.