Couple of questions for current Solstice Alaska

roquejo

Have couple of questions specifically for the current Alaska season of Solstice as each Solstice class ship's policies is different and recently she has undergone changes like World Class Bar and Sushi on 5.

1. For much is internet onboard, is it also $199?, I find it odd that the pre sailing online purchase price is $179 while it is usually $140.

2. Do elites get 30% discount for unlimited internet? Is the complimentary internet for elite still 90 minutes? Royal Caribbean has already changed its Diamond internet benefit to 1 day continuous usage.

3. Do unlimited internet price gets pro rated if you purchase late in the cruise?, as the last 2 days in Solstice Alaska are typically sea days except for a short late stop at Victoria.

4. With the world class bar replacing molecular bar this month, are all the drinks included in the premium package? Or there are 2 drinks e.g. Mystic Ketel One that are over $13 limit. Coz I noticed some Solstice class ships include all World Class Bar drinks in the premium package while some exclude the 2 most expensive drinks.

5. Is it still possible to ask the bar tender at World Class bar to make Molecular Bar drinks at this point? As they are basically the same staff manning the previous Molecular Bar.

6. Since Sushi on 5 replaced Bistro on 5 this month. Has there any instances you see sushi served in the buffet even for a single night? Even if they are just "typical" sushi. Or they have completely eliminated it from the buffet in all nights.

7. Do Solstice have a lobster night in Alaska sailings in the main dining room?

8. Are the specialty dining packages available for booking on board? Or they are only available to book online?

9. Do they have special discounts for specialty dining on embarkation night?

10. Any updates on Solstice entering Tracy Arm yet? Or it is still Endicott Arm as of the moment?

11. How is the Allen Marine Tracy Arm and Glacier Explorer if diverted Endicott Arm? We usually do that tour to go to North Sawyer Glacier in Tracy Arm as most cruise ships can't even see it. If in Endicott arm, do we get additional value booking it like do it go to areas of the arm where Solstice can't?.. as far as I know, Dawes glacier can be easily seen clearly from the cruise ship.

Thanks

Edited by roquejo

We just got off her this morning. I'll do my best.

1,2,& 3 - can't help you here because internet is the last thing we care about on a cruise.

4 - this was the last week of the molecular bar on the solstice. They were actually transitioning during the week so when they sailed today it was the world class bar.

5 - it will be the same staff from what they said, but a different menu

6 - I never saw sushi on the buffet

7 - the second sea day (Wednesday night)

8 & 9 - yes and they offered a discount when we boarded, but we did no buy one nor did we dine in any of them.

10 - we went to endicott but he got us within 3/4 of a mile of Dawes glacier. It was spectacular! They said there was still too much ice and it was too foggy to go up Tracy.

11 - we didn't do it, so I can't help with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for confirming..

Guess we have finally seen the last of Molecular Bar in Solstice..

And some people in this forum who still hoping that there will be a lower quality but still ok sushi in the buffet in Solstice, it is now gone.

Celebrity is the last cruise line to go into a la carte sushi pricing, NCL went first, then RCCL with Izumi where Jade Sushi totally disappeared from the buffet...

And now Celebrity as well with Sushi on 5.... guess cruise lines are now getting as much money as possible from the guests

Edited by roquejo