Half Moon Cay Cabana

MrsGrohl

After much obsessing and over analyzing I decided to book a cabana for our Nov cruise. I've read probably 100+ different comments about the best location, and the general thoughts are Cabana 10 is THE BEST, as well as the further down the beach the better.

We are a pretty laid back family of 4 (2 boys, ages 11 & 14), we don't mind being near the action. I would actually rather not be all alone on the beach, I like to be around people, I just like a little bit of personal space. My main reason for wanting the cabana is my 14 year old son. He has Asperger's Syndrome and sometimes needs "a break" from things. I thought the cabana would be a good place for him to just relax out of the sun, maybe read a book, just be able to be by himself for a bit. This would allow us to be able to stay the majority of the day on the island without issue.

So my question is: Is there a BAD cabana location? If we happen to be the last ones to the desk to pick will it really be that bad? Is there a least desirable cabana?

Thank you in advance!!! :)

I like the higher number ones better, they are further down the beach and away from most of the "action".

I've had issues with people trying to swipe the floats and chilling in our shower with the lower numbered cabanas.

Last August we had #13, was perfect for the 3 of us (me, DH & DS (12 at time), still plenty of people around but not the crowds or loud music.

The cabana was one of our best decisions for HMC, just having the private area for ourselves with a ceiling fan for airflow plus the AC unit on the wall gave us just enough relief from the heat. The table and chairs, the loungers and a place to keep our stuff up off of the sand was great.

The beach is beautiful at HMC and having the cabana was like having your own piece of real estate in paradise for the day. It is so worth it!

I am a SPED teacher so I understand the issues with over-stimulation for your son. I would try for any cabana over 7 with 8 or 9 being your top picks if you don't want to be completely away from the crowds. The lowest numbered (1-5) cabanas are loud and people crowd all their chairs in front of the units. There is also the issue of the small children's waterpark and the loud pumping music from the loud speakers in front of the bar ( the pirate ship in your diagrams) . The buffet is set up behind that area also. The water is beautiful here and you will have a great time.

We were in number 10, and it was almost perfect. Close to the bathroom, a

lot less noise, fewer folks. this we well down from the "kids" play area. there were still quite a few people, mostly strolling by, or sitting in the chairs in front of the cabana, but there were no issues. there is/are lifeguards all along the beach also. I wouldn't go with out renting a cabana. I just love them.

After much obsessing and over analyzing I decided to book a cabana for our Nov cruise. I've read probably 100+ different comments about the best location, and the general thoughts are Cabana 10 is THE BEST, as well as the further down the beach the better.

We are a pretty laid back family of 4 (2 boys, ages 11 & 14), we don't mind being near the action. I would actually rather not be all alone on the beach, I like to be around people, I just like a little bit of personal space. My main reason for wanting the cabana is my 14 year old son. He has Asperger's Syndrome and sometimes needs "a break" from things. I thought the cabana would be a good place for him to just relax out of the sun, maybe read a book, just be able to be by himself for a bit. This would allow us to be able to stay the majority of the day on the island without issue.

So my question is: Is there a BAD cabana location? If we happen to be the last ones to the desk to pick will it really be that bad? Is there a least desirable cabana?

Thank you in advance!!! :)

Number 8 is my favorite. It is far enough down the beach to not be so busy (but it is not isolated either), not too far to walk to the barbecue/food, and close to the bathrooms.

Hope you enjoy your day in paradise with your family. It sounds like you made a great decision to rent the cabana. Getting to be the first tenders off the ship is helpful too to reduce the stimulation from the crowds and noise waiting to get off the ship.

We always get #5. It's far enough down the beach where it's not overly crowded, but next to the pirate ship bar where we can listen to the music and watch people compete in the games/competitions they have. Great people watching, if you're into that. My kids are 19 & 11 now and we always get this cabana every time we go to HMC. Kids want in again when we go in 2 weeks on Sunshine. But it is loud, so you may want to avoid this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mibarron

We have stayed in number 10 and also number 7. we prefer 7 because it is close to everything. but you can't go wrong with ANY cabana. the night before HMC, they will give you an order sheet to fill out with what kind of soda/water you would like. also how much snorkel gear or floats you would like. they give you platters of fresh fruit, chips and dips etc. it feels like you are on a luxury vacation. the beach is the best i've ever been to. just relax and enjoy!!

Thank you all so much for you input, it's been very helpful (and put my mind at ease that I made the right decision). Hopefully by the time I get to the desk all the ideal locations aren't take. If we do have to be close to the "noisy" section I will make due, we always travel with plenty of earplugs just in case of a "noise emergency" LOL

Once again, THANK YOU!!!! I can't wait to be in paradise :)