Studio cabins

appletinine

It does not matter which cabin you have, you can book in advance or onboard or not at all.

NCL has daily gatherings for solo cruisers and the group often plans activities together so if you're into that kind of things, I wouldn't do too much advance planning.

Do they book shows and dinner etc on board or should I book everything as a solo before hand?

The wise thing to do would be to book anything you really want to do before hand, and then cancel them on board if the Studio group comes up with more interesting activities.

When I went on the Escape, they set up dinners and shows for us.

The dinners were all in the free MDRs, i.e. Taste/Savor/Manhattan. They didn't want to "peer pressure" anyone into paying for premium dining. So if you want premium dining you're on your own, but chances are you can find some other solos that would be willing to go with you.

if you dont book ahead, right when you get on the ship you can use the big touch screens by the elevators and book once you board. They book up within a few hours usually once on board. Or go to the solo gatherings and they will book you with a group.

You can just book now and cancel/change everything using the tv in your studio room.. I would still book up now and on your first day (if you cant find the time you want now they release more spaces on the first day for everything)..

Then as mentioned if a group of solos decide to book something just cancel yours