Thinking of the Royal Palm for our

BettyB2

post cruise night in Miami. We are staying at Bayside HI precruise and they are booked the night we disembark from ship and looking for a different hotel for December 10. I found the Royal Palm for $109 (looks like a great place) but am wondering if anyone knows what the cost from port to hotel would be and price from hotel to airport would be?

We took a van from the pier to the Courtyard Marriott in South Beach for $12 each (there were 6 of us). They charged us per person but we were so travel weary ( 2 days sitting outside the port and the airport still closed ) that we were just glad to get to a hotel. We had the same person drive us to the FLL airport the following day and the charge was $18 each which we thought was very reasonable considering a lot of people didn't have gas and had to wait in very long lines to get it.

Just wanted to tell you that I was admiring the Royal Palms which was right on the beach. We also stopped there for happy hour so we could watch the news. (tV was out in our hotel ) and had a great time. There were so many fun shops to go into in the area and good restaurants that I think you will have a great time post cruise. I would go for it even if transportation is a little more.

If you can get Royal Palm, THIS Royal Palm... http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?codigoHotel=5964

For $109, GRAB IT! Don't worry about transportation costs, it won't be THAT much. That's a bargain for a very nice South Beach oceanfront hotel that's right in the middle of everything!

If you can get Royal Palm, THIS Royal Palm... http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?codigoHotel=5964

For $109, GRAB IT! Don't worry about transportation costs, it won't be THAT much. That's a bargain for a very nice South Beach oceanfront hotel that's right in the middle of everything!

Wow! I didn't know the Sol Melia group bought the Royal Palm (or is the new Management Group). My good friend used to head up the group sales department when they were Bass Hotels (Crowne Plaza).

Agree with Trent that is truly a steal for that hotel.

Archived