Glacier Bay Drink Specials

Heather1972

Hi all -

We have the drink package on the pearl in August. From what I remember reading the Glacier Bay Drink Specials that are delivered to your room are not part of the package. I could swear I read on a post here that you could go get them at a particular bar and then they would be a part of the drink package. Now I can't find that post. True or not?

Hi all -

We have the drink package on the pearl in August. From what I remember reading the Glacier Bay Drink Specials that are delivered to your room are not part of the package. I could swear I read on a post here that you could go get them at a particular bar and then they would be a part of the drink package. Now I can't find that post. True or not?

Since the UBP terms exclude drinks ordered through room service, and that is how these drinks are ordered, I would say you are correct, they will not be covered.

I don't know if they are available at bars in general on that day, but if so, I would think they would be included like any other drink of the day.

We did Glacier Bay on the Jewel last year. If I'm remembering correctly, we placed our drink orders at the Atrium the evening before. We assumed our drinks wouldn't be covered by the UBP. Imagine our surprise when we saw we were only charged the difference. Was it a mistake? Who knows!? We drank our drinks, kept our mugs and paid the difference :)

We did Glacier Bay on the Jewel last year. If I'm remembering correctly, we placed our drink orders at the Atrium the evening before. We assumed our drinks wouldn't be covered by the UBP. Imagine our surprise when we saw we were only charged the difference. Was it a mistake? Who knows!? We drank our drinks, kept our mugs and paid the difference :)

That sound like it is supposed to work. We did not have the UPB in 2012, there was a flyer in our room on Wed, we filled it out and because we were in a suite, the butler handled the rest. However he did not deliver the drinks - room service did. I think at that time the were around $10.00 maybe a bit more. It was the perfect way to end our in suite breakfast.:)