Star Princess-October 30th-On Schedule?

bombcat9

Check out the Princess site and you will find out that we are still going to Cozumel to drop off relief supplies as follows:

Tropical Weather Update -- Star Princess Itinerary Changes October 30 and November 6

The port of Cozumel sustained substantial damage from Hurricane Wilma, and it is therefore necessary to suspend our calls there for the next two sailings. The itineraries for these modified Star Princess cruises are below:

Voyage 9537 Departing October 30, 2005

The call in Cozumel has been cancelled, however the ship will drop anchor in Cozumel to deliver relief supplies to assist victims of the storm. Additionally, the port order has been revised. The new itinerary is:

Sunday, October 30: Depart Port Everglades 10 pm

Monday, October 31: At sea

Tuesday, November 1: Anchor at Cozumel to deliver relief supplies

Wednesday, November 2: Arrive Grand Cayman 12 pm; Depart 7 pm

Thursday, November 3: Arrive Ocho Rios 9 am; Depart 4 pm

Friday, November 4: At sea

Saturday, November 5: Arrive Princess Cays 9 am; Depart 4 pm

Sunday, November 6: Arrive Port Everglades 7 am

** Please be advised that although the ship is planning to depart at 10 pm, the authorities could request a departure as early as 7 pm. We therefore request that you make every attempt to be onboard by 5 pm.**

I don't have a problem with the delivery of the relief supplies since that seems like a good idea but I do have a problem with our missing the best port of the cruise that could have been Costa Maya. I will be pestering Princess tomorrow and requesting that they consider that day as one of our sea days. Or they should be giving all of us a refund in the form of a shipboard credit of say $50 to $125 per person. I have a never broken policy in 46 cruises: I never do cruises that have 3 days at sea!!! But then again this was not planned.

How does everyone feel about this new development?

I don't mind the stop in Cozumel to drop relief supplies. However, if they don't compensate us, I'd be really pissed. And by compensation, I mean more than $2/person for port fees or whatever it is. $50-125 per person sounds good. I'd prefer if it was a straight refund instead of shipboard credit tho like the Coral Princess is getting. Granted, they're getting a shorter cruise, but I'm not asking for 1/3 of my cruise cost back either.

I don't mind the stop in Cozumel to drop relief supplies. However, if they don't compensate us, I'd be really pissed. And by compensation, I mean more than $2/person for port fees or whatever it is. $50-125 per person sounds good. I'd prefer if it was a straight refund instead of shipboard credit tho like the Coral Princess is getting. Granted, they're getting a shorter cruise, but I'm not asking for 1/3 of my cruise cost back either.

But if you read your documents, the cruise contract covers this. They actually are not obligated to 'compensate' you for a missed port.

We are sailing on this cruise and wonder what will Princess do to get you to the new port (ie Miami) from FLL. We are flying into FLL Saturday afternoon and now see our hotel probably isn't operating leaving us at the airport for 24 hours or more. According the passage contract under section 7-Princess is responsible for getting you to the new port if embarkation port is changed. Anyone had any experience with this type thing?

Kristi

Archived